Chapter Three

Hi.

-----------

April dropped the knife.

"It's not what it looks like...the killer he-"

"Either you're the killer or you know him." Jack interrupted her.

Tears streamed down the warriors' faces as they glance down it the body of their best friend. Jack got into fighting stance.

"How could you?! Even if you aren't the killer how could you let this happen?!" Jack shouted at her ready to charge at her.

Anger took over his system. He was ready to attack April at any moment. He didn't care if she was a girl, she might have killed his best friend. He was going to make her pay.

"He wouldn't let me help! He pushed me into the corn and that's when the killer stabbed him!" April busted into sobs. "I wanted to help! Trust me! He saved my life!"

"I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!" Jack shouted.

"But you have to it's the truth!"

"Why didn't the killer kill you?" Kim asked coldly.

"Because Jerry pushed me in as the killer turned the corner. He didn't see me."

Jack made a growling noise in the back of his neck. He finally lost it and charged for her. April stood her ground and closed her eyes. Jack tackled her and she groaned as her back hit the ground. Jack raised his fist. April opened her eyes and gave him a pleading look.

"Please listen to them." April whispered.

Jack gave her a confused look. Jack came to his senses.

"Jack don't please!" Kim shouted.

"Jack you're not that type of person!" Milton shouted.

"You don't hurt innocent people!"

They were behind Jack and April tucking on Jack's arms to prevent the hit.

"She's not innocent."

They played a game of tug o war with Jack's arm. Kim finally shouted at him.

"If you hit her I'll know what type of boyfriend you are! The type that hit girls when angry! I don't want a boyfriend like that!"

Jack stopped fighting and got up. He breathed in and out to calm himself down. He turned to Kim.

"I'm sorry." Jack apologized.

Kim glared at him. "You shouldn't be saying that to me idiot."

Jack turned around to April, who was sitting in a fetal position staring at Jerry's lifeless body; tears spilling from her eyes. She looked up at Jack and immediately looked down scared.

"Iscrewedupbigtime. Hehatesmenow." April thought.

Jack gave her a nasty look.

"Sorry." He apologized though his teeth.

"No. I deserve a good punch in the face. I should have done something, but like an idiot, I froze in place out of fear." April dug her face into her knees.

Milton went up to April and rubbed her back. He glared up at Jack.

"She already lost her brother and then she sees someone stabbed to death. She's traumatized and what do you do? You try to attack her! She's scared and unleashing your anger on her isn't helping!" Milton shouted at him.

"She could ha-"

"If she were the killer she would be running, not by his side! Think Jack!" Kim punched him in the arm.

Jack glared at April.

"She could fool everyone else but not me. Something's up and I want answers. She's either the killer or she's his partner. She might not even have a brother for all we know. That could have been a random hand they cut off of someone. This could be a sick twisted game." Jack thought paranoid.

Jack balled his hands in fist as his thoughts drifted.

"My bestfriend is dead."

The realization hit him hard. He began to cry and walked closer to his body. He knelt down and closed his eyes, shaking his head.

"He doesn't deserve this." Jack whispered over and over again through sobs.

Everyone surrounded his body silently praying and crying. After a couple of minutes they heard footsteps. They all got up and looked at the corner.

They saw a light shining and a voice.

"Hey, anybody out here! The panic buttons aren't working and we need people to evacuate the maze!" The voice shouted with a deep raspy voice.

The light got closer.

"Our saviour." Kim said with a small smile.

"Wait, what's in his hand." Milton whispered.

The shadow of the tall man came along the corn stocks. He had a flashlight in one hand and the other...

"A knife." Jack said scared.

Everyone's hearts' beat faster and their eyes widen.

"Run." April whispered.

They immediately do as she said. Though they all have one regret in mind, leaving Jerry behind. They didn't want to but they didn't want to get murdered.

They ran as fast as they could making as many twist and turns as possible to get the killer off their trail.

"OK I think we're ok." Jack said breathing heavily.

"Where's Kim?" Milton and April both asked with trembling voices.

Jack's eyes widened. He turned around to only see Milton and April.

"KIM! KIM!" Jack shouted, Milton and April joined in.

"JACK! JACK HE-" Kim screamed from a pretty short distance, but it seemed like she was cut off. Her voice was muffled.

Suddenly there was shifting in the corn stock in front of them. They slowly backed up. A white gloved hand poked out followed by big shoes.

Shoes that Jack had hated for most of his life.

They we're big red clown shoes.