Chapter Six

"What?" Kim asked, pushing up against Jack.

"You-you're next...Im sorry."  April apologized.

She was still curled up in a ball, refusing to look up. Jack held Kim from behind tightly.

"It's going to be ok. I'm not leaving your side." Jack whispered in her ear.

"But Jack he obviously knows every inch of this maze. He could split us apart at anytime. He could be watching us right now." Kim said in a dreaful voice.

"No he's getting some supplies with my brother. You'll be fine for the next ten or fifteen minutes." April explained.

They look down at April. Kim knelt down and tried to touch her, but April shifted away fron Kim's touch. She shivered a little. Kim frowned.

"It's ok. Just leave, I think you're both near the exit...I think." April said.

"April, come with us." Kim insisted.

"No, you'll both get killed. Then I'd get punished fot trying to escape again. I'm staying. Get us help and my brother hopefully won't get killed by the time the police get here." She said. "Jack will definitely agree with me. He's right about me being a toy. He won't kill me but he's been looking at my brother lately. So go and hurry back with help."

Kim got up and looked at Jack. He looked at the ground, a little ashamed by the fact that he argeed with April.

Kim walked to Jack.

"It's the other way." April pointed behind them.

Jack and Kim nodded. They turned and walked the other way.

******

"Jack, I-I’m tired." Kim yawned.

"He could be anywhere."

Suddenly, there was shouting.

"Jack Brewer, Kim Crawford, Jerry Martinez, and Milton Krupnick! This is the police if you could hear me you're near the exit! Follow my voice!" A women's voice shouted.

Jack and Kim looked at each other.

"Follow my voice you all will be ok!"

The women kept shouting and Jack and Kim followed the sound of her voice. Before they knew it they at the exit.

Bright lights shined on them. They squinted their eyes.

They saw people sighing in relive. Jack and Kim saw their parents. They ran with all the energy they had left. They hugged them close.

They all cried.

Jack and Kim noticed Milton and Jerry's parents looking into the maze. Jack and Kim walked to them.

"I'm sorry..."

They cried.

"W-we could still save two more p-people." Kim said through her tears.

Jack nodded.

"Officer!" Jack shouted to a nearby officer. He walked over. "There's a girl and boy in there. The killer has them." Jack explained.

The officer nodded. Before he could go tell others a figure walked through the exit.

Another officer ran to them. He had a girl in his arms bridal style and boy, who ran by his side. She had a lot of blood on her shirt and was barely conscious. Her hand, arms, and legs dangled loosely.

"Kim." She whispered, out of breath.

"April..." Kim put her hands to her mouth. Tears fulled her eyes.

"Mark...h-he...Mark."

"Where is he?" Kim asked.

"He's...Ma-" April got interrupted.

"He ran off before I could get him. I'll get this girl to the ambulance."

The man ran to the ambulance.  Jack noticed April shaking her head no also they ran by.

"I know Mark didn’t just runaway. He seems like the guy to put up a fight...or a disguise considering he dresses as a clown." Jack thought, looking over to the man, who got in the ambulance with April and her brother.