-15- 🌘 Where You Belong

Start from the beginning

There's a brief moment where fear overtakes me as Type prepares to jump off the platform, and my wolf whines nervously. I want to climb up there and yank him back down to safety, but I don't dare. Not when Type has the biggest smile on that goofy face of his.

I will myself to stand still as Type takes a deep breath, throws another grin my way, then takes off into the sky. The zip line cable carries him with ease as he shoots away, shouting ecstatically the entire time. His laughter echoes through the atmosphere, filling my chest with joy at the pure sound.

"Okay, sir. You're up next," the zip line attendant says to me. I nod and climb up to the platform after getting secured into a harness. Another attendant meets me at the top of the platform and secures my harness to the cable.

"Okay, you're going to squat down low and allow your weight to sink you down into the harness. You don't want any slack on the line before you go," the attendant says, and I do as I'm told. "Okay, just keep your body relaxed, and I'm going to push you off the platform, got it?"

I look in the distance to where Type has landed on the other side, and smile widely. My wolf is eagerly yelping, excited to get back to our mate. I give the attendant a thumbs up to show him I'm ready, and he pushes me off the platform.

Instantly, I'm blown away. It literally feels like I'm flying through the air. It's the most exhilarating feeling, despite having a harness digging uncomfortably into my crotch. I hold onto the rope in front of my face and tilt my head back, watching the clouds zoom by. Peace and joy is all I can feel at this moment.

Nothing beats this feeling.

Or, so I thought.

Because as soon as my feet touch the ground, Type throws himself at me and wraps his arms around my neck, bringing me in a tight hug. Adrenaline is pumping through my system, heightened by the touch of my mate.

"That was amazing!" Type exclaims. "I can't believe I finally got to do that! And it's all thanks to you! It's your birthday, and you chose to bring me somewhere that you knew I would enjoy! You're just, so, ugh, I can't—" he cuts himself off my grabbing my face and slamming his lips against mine. My eyes widen in shock, from both the sudden kiss and the verbal affection. I smile against his lips before kissing him back. My tongue brushes against his bottom lip, making him shiver in my embrace.

I move to deepen the kiss when another employee clears his throat. Type pulls away and I fully expect him to look grossed out or ashamed over being caught kissing a guy.

But he doesn't.

He keeps his eyes on me, his cheeks flushed pink and a cute little grin on his lips. My heart soars, and I fight off the desire to scoop him in my arms and take him right there.

Instead of that, we remove our harnesses and I lead Type to our next location. We approach the arcade, and Type's eyes light up. We spend the next two hours playing games, and I would've liked to say that I let Type win, but honestly he kicked my ass at every game. Probably because he spent so much time playing video games with Thorn when we were younger.

Type was heartbroken when Thorn left to study abroad in high school. He didn't show it, but I knew he was deeply saddened over Thorn's departure. I understand Thorn's reasoning for leaving. Being the son of an Alpha puts a lot of pressure on you. Even if you're not next in line to lead. Thorn was constantly being looked at under scrutiny, and it wasn't good for his mental health. He decided to leave until he finished school so he could stay focused on his studies without all the distractions of the pack.

Whenever he finally returns, I'm sure he'll be glad to see that Type has been brushing up on his video game skills.

We grab some ice cream after video games and dinner before heading back to the hotel. Type throws himself on the large bed, feeling completely spent. I grin and shake my bed before grabbing a towel and hopping in the shower. After I'm finished, I quickly dry off and put on a white tank top and a pair of blue plaid boxers. When I emerge from the bathroom, I see Type still laying on the bed, eyes closed as he drifts to sleep. I grab a clean towel and throw it at his face, effectively waking him up and earning a scowl.