11| Basic Rule

"How did things have done?" Lord Ronin asks, playing some pebbles in his hand. Standing at a lakeside where array of cerasus trees thriving gloriously in full bloom.

"We disposed her as what you've told, my Lord."

"Disposed?" He throws a pebble which causes multiple ripples at a serene surface of the lake. "Care to tell me how?" Looking over his shoulder, he encourages Aseron's three henchmen to lessen their anxiousness a bit.

They keep staring each other's eyes wondering why they're being summoned. "T-that wench is too arrogant and fiery, my Lord."

"Is she?" His tone sounds too engaging. "How did she cope up so far? Is she too stubborn to handle?"

"Yes, my Lord." They chorused.

"Hmm, I know she is." Amused, he throws another pebble. He looks pleased it made them feel at ease. They assumed everything is safe and stable.

But Aseron thinks otherwise. Observing the whole situation, he knows something is off. He's wondering why did these three henchmen are being summoned. It's getting dusk but Lord Ronin prefers assigning tasks at morning. And moreover, something about him is unusual. It's either they had made him delighted or they had done something wrong. Had they knew what lies ahead upon their unexpected summon—they won't let their heart feel at ease dealing this critical situation.

"Did she caused you any trouble?"

"She's defiant and quite brazen despite her lowly status!"

"She's didn't speak but her eyes—she's glaring on us!"

"She's too stubborn, my Lord!"

Again, they chorused a childish whine in unison.

"Really..." Throwing one remaining pebble he's been tossing in the air, he smirks at things he had in his mind. His way of approach is indulging letting these henchmen divulge every detail of their deeds. They assume it'll make him more gratified.

"She didn't even flinch when I slapped her." Grumbling, he seems wanting to do it again some other time.

Chuckling, Lord Ronin can sense utmost hostility from the henchman. "Hmm... Her arrogance must be so displeasing it made you want to slap her. She's quite mulish, isn't she?"

"She is, my Lord! She must be punished for trying to escape and for trying to fool you!"

Languidly, Lord Ronin turns his back to face them—prodding them to go on with their tales. "Is that so? Supposedly, how it should be done, may I ask?"

"She should get some flogging—a lot of it so she won't be able to run away again!"

One of them sniggers. "It would be better to just burn her alive!"

Seemingly delighted, Lord Ronin laughs heartily upon their vile request. They're completely carried away. "Interesting, I would love to do that sometimes. It would be so nice, isn't it?" He eyed on Aseron.

Aseron rolled his eyes.

"It is, my Lord!"

They nod in unison it's irking to look at them any longer. "May I ask why she deserves it? Did she caused trouble each one of you, personally?"

"Her father is a vile man. His involvement in Hannan—we had seen their activity and it's very inhumane."

"So, do you think she deserves it?"

Falling into silence, they contemplated their deed.

"What you've done to her down the stair was amazing. It's fun and I'm quite entertained. So I consider giving each one of you—something deserving."