54| Gone Astray

Three days. . .

It's been three days of self-restraint. Nowadays, Ronin barely recognized himself when did he ever learned to resist using his art of manipulation when things go against his way?

Still and all, it doesn't matter anymore. He didn't have to ask himself over and over. Just by going along at a certain flow, he finds it more less distracting than fighting himself.

Watching Yenaery at a distance, it's already enough— completely enough to clear his mind in constant turmoil, contented enough to ease his overwhelming fear.

Gazing her all day and night is a piece of solace amidst all shambles. From afar or arm's length: her serene charm and dainty figure, her modest smile and violet eyes— suddenly, he realized he has a long roll of sentiments if he would let himself sway from here and thereon.

Perching both of her arms in a wooden rail, she's basking at a bright ray of sunrise. Every morning while gazing afar, she would spent her time alone at the upper deck as if it's been her favored spot of the ship. In her solitude and silence, when her shoulder gently shook with sadness, he had to look away to keep himself from reaching out her small form. He had to keep himself at a distance and keep her watching from afar, that way, she will be fine for the meantime.

Day by day, she becomes empty like a blank pages of a book. There's nothing to read as if every swirls, every letters and words are hidden before his eyes. He could no longer read when her violet eyes start turning to crimson—a bloody pair of blazing orbs, raging and rampaging her innermost peace to came out and break free. Her awakening is getting nearer he couldn't risk another mistakes. Sky came crashing down on him when she refused his offer to run away for a safe haven.

He wanted to stand close by her side, unfortunately he can't. He had to distance himself away from her otherwise her awakening will progress at a rapid state of time. He blamed himself for not being able to stop her when she stubbornly used her healing fire to revive all injured mortals. He couldn't resist her when she pleaded to let her save them from death. It wouldn't be baffling if her pleading eyes will be his death someday.

Gladly, it wasn't her awakening yet. He won't let it happen even if he had to use all his strength to keep her still as she is. Interfering against an inevitable will certainly incur an immense peril in near future. Breaking the flow of fate is irredeemable. Everything will loss its balance, all realms will be in ruins, countless lives will be destroyed.

If only he could turn back time, he shouldn't had returned in haste when she heard him called his name. But then, he couldn't resist he quickly descended without hesitations.

If only time rolls backward, he should have strained himself not to care. He should have let those filthy ghouls find her. But then, he had blame himself for letting those cretins touched and left an ugly scratch on her delicate skin.

In his eminent course of existence, who would have thought he would as well reached a certain point of no return? Roaming his sight in a sparkling blue ocean, a distant memory keeps haunting his mind. "Is this how you felt, old pal?"

On his Pledge of Duty, he vowed to protect all realms from great destruction. By reinstating Hazur, he thought it was the best option he should do to rectify unfair judgment. Hazur was once a good friend. They fought war together—inversely, when there was chaos, there was war. They were both ambitious to a fault.

In a realm that condemns strong attachment with filthy mortals and lesser beings, such lowly affection is impermissible and adversely frowned. When Hazur fell in love to a young mortal who devotedly worshipped the Deity of Peace, he chose love over his divinity. When he neglected his sole responsibility, balance and order across all realms had traversed an unstable progressions.