37: German Chocolate

Start from the beginning

" You're soaked." Sky laughed as he sat on the ledge next to her.

" No shit." She giggled, wrapping a towel over her shoulders.

" You started it." He nudged her.

" You retaliated." She laughed, shoving him back. He chuckled, facing her completely. Their eyes locked for a bit too long.

" I..." Cara paused briefly, trying to compose her thoughts," I want chocolate." She stated.

" Chocolate?" He raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

" Yea." She nodded.

" Okay." He grabbed her hand, pulling her to her feet to grab their stuff.

" Wait, really?" She let him lead her to the elevator.

" Yea, let's just get changed first." He nodded.

" Okay?" She laughed, not entirely what was happening at that point. They both ran to their separate rooms, changing into dry clothes.

" Let's go." He grabbed her hand again, leading her out of the hotel.

" Where are we going?" She asked.

" 24 hour market." He smiled.

" Okay." They walked side by side down the street. He had yet to release her hand, not that she was complaining. She watched as couples walked down the street, hand in hand, people walking home after aong days work.

" Here we are." Sky said as they crossed the nearly empty parking lot.

They walked into the quiet store, just a few shoppers here and there.

" Chocolate." Sky point to one of the signs hanging over an aisle. Sky enthusiastically pulled her to the aisle.

" Okay, what kind?" Cara tapped her chin as they looked at the large assortment of chocolate.

" Well, you're German right? So obviously we have to go with the German chocolate." Sky presented her with a large box of "German" chocolate. He looked so excited, Cara didn't have the heart to tell him the chocolate wasn't actually German.

" Perfect." She grinned. They quickly went through checkout, receiving a strange looking from the cashier. And made their way back to the hotel.

They didn't even make it inside. They situated themselves in the grass out front of the hotel, staring at the stars with a box of chocolate between them.

" Orion!" Cara pointed excited towards the constellation.

" And there's the scorpian that killed him!" Sky added, gesturing towards the cluster of stars.

" Stars are amazing." Sky said lightly.

" I think they're terrifying." Cara stated. Sky rolled over onto his side to face her, propping his head up by his hand.

" How so?"

" Well," Cara copied his action, their faces inches from each other," Space in general is terrifying."

" Why?"

" It's endless. There's no limits. It's so unknown, nobody really knows what's out there. It's just vast empty space." She stated.

" But, that's what's beautiful about it, it's unknown." Sky replied.

" Unknown can be scary."

" Not always."

" How so?"

" Was meeting me scary?" Sky asked.

" No." Cara shook her head.

" Because something about you immediately put me at ease." She shrugged. Sky paused for a brief moment before continuing.

" So, what makes space so much scarier than me?" He asked.

" You're here. I can see you."

" You can see space."

" No, I can see that you're not hiding something. What I see, is all I see. Not something that goes on forever. I see you, as you are. Real, kind, redhead, happy." Cara gave a little smile.

" Sometimes, unknown is good though. Sometimes, it'll be good." His voice faded into a whisper. She bit her lip as she watched his eyes flick between her own and her lips. She found herself compelled to lean closer. As she did, Sky mirrored her. They met somewhere in the middle. Somewhere in the middle was no long so unknown to Cara, even if it were just for a moment. And for that moment, neither cared what was known in the world, and what wasn't. The world could end right then and there, and they wouldn't even notice.

They separated barely millimeters from each other, his hand rested on her check as they pressed their foreheads against each other's.

" How was that for unknown?" He whispered.

" Not bad but, I didn't completely understand it the first time." Cara laughed softly. He chuckled lowly.

" You're adorable." He smirked. They slowly leaned towards each other again and-

" HOLY-"

The pair sprang apart.

" BEN!" Another voice shouted. They turned to see Ben, JoJo, Josh, and Bexley standing at the edge of the grass.

" Sorry. Someone," JoJo gave Ben a sharp look," Get excited."

" Um, no, it's okay. We were just heading in, right Sky?" Cara scrambled to collect their chocolate.

" Yea-yep." He helped her. They quickly cleaned up, racing inside.

" Dibs on interrogating Sky." Josh said.

oOOo

" SKKKKYYYYYY." Ben and Josh invited themselves into his room. Sky laid sprawled across his bed, staring at the ceiling.

" Uh-oh." Anthony glanced at the pair from his own bed.

" You guys know what's up with him?" Anthony asked.

" As a matter of fact, we do." Josh nodded.

" I'm all ears." Anthony sat up.

" So, Sky....you and Cara?" Ben smirked.

" Yea?" Sky cringed at Ben's tone.

" What was happening out there?" Josh asked

" Wait, what happened?" Anthony raised his hand.

" Sky almost kissed Cara." Ben informed him.

" YOU WHAT?" Anthony jumped to his feet.

oOOo

" So, you like him?" JoJo asked once Cara was done recounting the entire night to her and Bexley.

" I think so." Cara sounded confused. 

" You guys would be cute together." Bexley smiled softly.

" I'm so confused." Cara stated.

" Well, you might date a Toursie. Confusion just comes with the job description." JoJo chuckled.

" Accurate." Bexley nodded.

oOOo

" So, what're you gonna do?" Ben asked.

" I don't know." Sky said dramatically, putting a pillow over his face.