39: Late Night Ice Cream Excursion

Don't ask what provoked this idea. I wrote this chapter at around 2am a while back and kept it. Enjoy!

Bexley walked into Ben's and Josh's room to see them and JoJo talking enthusiastically.

" Whatcha talking about?" She asked.

" Mama Cook's coming into town!" Josh announced excitedly.

" Is she?" Bexley sat next to him.

" Guys, I have a dilemma." Sky marched into the room.

" Mama Cook's coming into town!" Josh announced before he could say anything.

" My day just got significantly better. But, how does one...ask a girl out?" He asked, mostly to the girls.

" Oh my God! Are you gonna ask Cara out?" JoJo bounced.

" Announce it to the whole world, would ya?" He winced.

" Hey, you did the same thing to me!" Ben shouted.

" What does she like to do?" Bexley asked.

" I don't know. I know she loves violin and old libraries. And I know that she's German." Sky said.

" And you almost kissed..." Ben added in a sing song voice. Sky mumbled something under his breath.

" Sky, there's at street two blocks from here full of old shops and things like that." Josh said.

" See, now go ask her out." JoJo ushered him out the door.

" Wait, right now?" Sky asked as the significantly smaller person managed to push him right to the door.

" No time like the present." She gave him a final shove.

oOOo

" Bex." Josh took her hand. They were on the same block as their hotel, walking home after their show.

" Yeah?" She smiled at him as he lead her into a small park nearby. Lights were strung into the trees giving it a warm, magical glow.

" You know I love you more than anything?" He took her hands.

" Of course." She nodded.

" Well, um..." Josh bit his lip, " I need to ask you something, it's very important."

" Okay?" She tilted her head ever so slightly.

" Bexley, you are the most amazing person I have ever met. I love you so much," He got down to one knee, "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" He held out a ring. Bexley's hands flew to her mouth as tears streamed freely down her face.

" And we don't have to get married right away. We can wait a few years. I know were young-" His rambling was cut off by her lips meeting his.

" Was that a yes?" He looked up at her.

" Yes." She nodded tearfully. He slipped the ring onto her finger as they both rose to their fully heights.

" I love you!" Bexley threw her arms around his neck.

" I love you too." He kissed her temple.

oOOo

Bexley was basically overflowing with joy as she walked into her and JoJo's hotel room.

" You good there?" JoJo glanced up from her book.

" Yeah, yeah." She said coolly.

" Okay, spill." JoJo smacked her book shut.