48: Gone

One phone call.

That's all it took.

All it took for her world to shatter into a million pieces.

Gone.

He was simply gone.

She couldn't hear the others asking her what's wrong as the phone slipped from her hand.

She could only her heart pounding in her ears.

He was gone.

" Cara?" A gentle voice broke her from her thoughts momentarily.

" Albert....he's gone." She whispered so quietly she could scarcely hear herself. But everyone did. Sky pulled her trembling body into his arms. JoJo sat next to her, holding onto her hand. Bexley sat next to Josh, who sat silent. The five of them sat on the floor, not saying anything.

Cara didn't cry. She didn't know how.

oOOo

Cara could hear JoJo on the phone with Ben. She could hear his worried voice from across the room. Sky and Bexley had run to talk to Mr. Calhoun about getting some time off. Josh sat next to Cara, holding onto her as if she were a small child. She basically was at that point.

Sky and Bexley entered the room, causing JoJo to basically jump out of her skin.

Cara smiled at that.

Just a little.

" He said that you can have as much time off as you need. And that we can take a few days off to go with you." Sky sat on the bed. Josh released her so she could fall into Sky's grip. Cara nodded.

" I've already booked tickets, we'll leave tomorrow morning." Bexley said as Josh sat next to her on the opposite bed.

" Ben said he'll meet us there." JoJo nodded.

" Tell him to turn around. He can't miss rehearsal." Cara shook her head.

" It's Ben, I couldn't stop him from coming." JoJo replied.

" And plus, we care about you. And we don't want you or your family going through any of this alone." JoJo knelt in front of her, gripping her hand. Cara nodded.

oOOo

The cast came by, one by one. People stop in, say a few words, then slide back out.

Melissa and Steve stopped by with Wren. The little girl immediately climbed onto the bed to cuddle with Cara. Cara welcomed it, loving Wren to death.

Chaz stopped by with fresh macaroni and cheese from a restaurant down the road, knowing it was one of Cara's favorite comfort foods. Cara almost cried when he gave it to her.

Nick arrived with her favorite type of crappy German chocolate from the store. He explained that he fought through thick and thin to get it for her, earning a smile in response.

oOOo

" Cara. You ready?" Sky walked into the room.

" Yea." Cara replied quietly, grabbing her bag. He held his hand out to her, and she took it, letting him lead her out the door.

A handful of the cast had gathered in the lobby. They said quiet goodbyes and gave her tight hugs. She appreciated it, a lot actually.

With that they all loaded into an Uber, heading to the airport.

Cara stayed quiet for the most part, as did JoJo. Which worried the others too. Albert was her cousin after all, even if they never got the chance to meet.