Possessed Brawlers

Start from the beginning

"Stop! Stop!" Werner yelled at his body. He was well aware that his body was dueling with somebody. And he wanted it to stop. The poor rat did not wish any harm on anyone on Inkwell, not even his annoying neighbor. He was able to jerk his head to the side just enough that his sharpened rodent teeth missed the child's head. Instead, they latched onto his shoulder. Mugman cried out in pain as the objects pierced and cracked his skin. To everyone other than Mug himself, it sounded like an awful roar. The boy's cup only heard his childish wail of pain. His arms scrambled even more desperate now to find a way to escape the torture. The left arm's movement was a bit hindered because of the teeth now buried into the shoulder. He tried his best to find traction with his boots too. But they merely slipped and slid around without any purchase. Both Cuphead and Spoonfred realized that he needed help. The young cup went to take a step forward when the utensil sped past him.

"Spoonfred?" He wondered aloud.

"Let him go!" The sterling silver body shouted as he advanced on the larger brown creature. Everyone gaped in shock at who stepped forward to help. Forkington heard his son's voice and began to emerge from his hiding spot. The spoon's gloved hands grabbed onto the mammal's naked tail and started yanking on it. Annoyed, Werner let go of his prey and whipped around to deal with the other child. Spoonfred let go and stumbled back just in time to avoid sharp teeth from colliding with his chest. Instead, they closed around the spoon child's tie. The rat flicked his head and sent the utensil crashing into the pavement.

"Aaah!" Came a short cry before Spoonfred lay motionless. His body had tried to curl up to protect himself during the toss. Now it lay partially balled up. Forkington had pushed his way toward the front of the crowd just in time to see his boy in that state. Not only that, but the attacker was advancing on him once more. Spoonfred's red and white tie still dangled out of the rat's mouth as it crawled toward him.

Meanwhile, Mugman was trying to recover from the nasty bite he had just received.

It stopped? The demon wondered.

Someone must have done something.... Mug thought as he pressed his clawed hands against the ground. The glass body shook as he made it to his hands and knees. Probably Cuphead.

With a shake of his head, he looked where he heard the rodent snarling at someone.

Spoonfred?!

The young mug witnessed the mammal spit out the piece of cloth. It then placed a clawed hand down on the unresponsive utensil.

Oh, no you don't! Mugman exploded with a literal roar. Dashing over, he yanked Werner away as he was baring his teeth. The two of them began throwing clawed punches at one another. Mug threw a swipe that caught Werner's shoulder and cut halfway through the single light brown strap of his overalls. It snarled a bit, but otherwise took little notice of the wound. His overalls sagged a bit as it struggled to keep itself up with only half the fabric. The rodent lashed out in response and made contact with the child's torso. Poor Mugman felt another fierce stinging sensation bite him. The mug recoiled back, giving the rat another chance to attack. A long and flexible tail whipped low and took the glass legs out from under him. Mug's back collided with the pavement, causing yet another shock to ripple throughout his body. With a grimace of pain on his face, the mug child realized another clawed hand was coming right for his head. He rolled out of the way as fast as he could. A single claw barely grazed his cheek. Even for as small as the cut was, Mugman could feel a drip of liquid coming out of it. The rest of Werner's claws collided with the pavement, nearly cracking the dark gray surface as well.

Phew! That was close! Mug gave a sigh of relief, realizing how devastating that attack could have been. The young mug stood up and prepared for the rodent to strike again. Just as predicted, it lunged forward with both its claws and fangs ready. Mugman quickly made his right hand glow dark blue. He then strategically aimed a punch for the animal's gut. Almost as soon as it made contact, Werner coughed out a cloud of black smoke that seemed to float away from the group of Inkwell residents with a purpose. It was as if it had a mind of its own. And it did have one – Mr. Wheezy's mind.