Male Reader x Chaeyoung - Getting Over It (Part 1)

WORDS: 14,500 (exactly)

ENJOY

Request by: ShakuganVentedhos

===================================================

There was the sensation of falling; that rush of adrenaline when your heart jumps up to your throat and you brace yourself for impact. Blue engulfed around you, water constricting you as the current just pushed you down.

It was cold, consuming; your mind racing and your body fighting against everything the water gave.

You struggled out of it frantically, the salt of the sea burning your eyes, your heartbeat pounding in your ears.

You tilted your head up; your eyed burned yet the surface of the water and the sun's rays your only guidance as you tried to swim up.

The water was murky, more green than blue now that his eyes were fighting and closing by the second.

You looked above for the surface and saw only the faraway flicker of light now. You were so far down, too far down.

You kicked at the water, arms moving to help quicken his ascent, eyes darting through the foggy blue for any sign of anyone coming towards you

There was the sound of a clock ticking, sharp and definite, chiming slowly in his ears as he swam through the water, deafening in its presence.

Your mind felt light, your body felt weak, your lungs burning for air.

The surface was so far away, and everything felt so heavy.

The sun streaming down through the water now gone as your eyes shut now.

The further he tried to pull her, the heavier he felt, the further the light seemed, and the more your chest burned.

Suddenly your mouth gasped trying to find air only for the saltwater to taint your tastes as your hand reached to clench your throat only for you to hardly move at all.

You weren't going to make it...

Your eyes softened, your body now in slow motion and your sight went black.

Any form of thought in your mind faded, and you were left alone under the water.

.

.

.

.

.

You gasped, sitting up in bed, the sheets twisted around him sticky with sweat.

Trembling you threw the sheets off of you and moved to the edge of the mattress, panting as he tried to catch your breath, as you tried to convince yourself you were above water, and that there was still air to breathe.