Chapter 11

"This... This is pointless. Most of the team plays with their own gear." Scott stated to his friends

"Maybe instead of trying to find a lacrosse stick with a hidden dagger in it, we should be trying to get the game canceled?" Kira suggested

"I agree" Alex nodded

Isaac shrugged "I'd like to play the first game of the season, but I don't really care"

"The game's the best way to catch him red-handed." Scott debated

"But what if he's red-handed 'cause his hands are covered in the blood of the person that he just stabbed to death? Which, by the way, could be either of you guys." Stiles pointed to the three  lacrosse players.

"He's right. You go out there tonight and you might not come back. it's not worth the risk, for you three" alex agreed.

"Or Liam." Scott added "Well, we don't have the whole list and he could be on it"

"We don't know anything about that list." Stiles shrugged "How it's made, how it's updated. I mean, who's been out taking a supernatural census anyway"

"How do they even know about me?" Kira asked

Alex rolled her eyes "they know about everyone, they know Scott and Derek and somehow they know about me"

"I think Kira's right." Stiles sighed  "I think we should stop the game."

"I'm not afraid." Scott shook his head

Kira nodded "Neither am I."

Scott looked at Isaac for solidarity "oh I'm actually with stiles on this one. I don't wanna die"

Alex held up her finger just before Scott could say a word to her, "Don't even ask me. I don't know what I am right now"

"Well, I'm terrified. And I'm not even on the list." Stiles snapped  "Guys, these are professional killers. It's their profession. One of them's got a thermo-cut wire that cuts heads off Who knows what else they have?"

*

Once ending the debate on who was scared and who wasn't, everyone went on their ways.

Kira headed to class and Alex followed the boys outside, as the prep boys were being welcomed to beacon hill high school.

"Hey could we talk later?" Alex asked stiles quietly

"Yeah sure" he nodded

"Yeah, you're going to pay for it. We're gonna break you in half out there. And it's gonna be all your fault."

Alex focused on the boy and watched as his anger slowly bubbled over. She noticed the blood dripping from his hand"

"Guys" she pointed

"Oh shit" stiles bolted over to the beta and scott and Isaac followed quickly

Scott gripped his hands around liams shoulder, pulling him away from Brett before anything happened.