Chapter 23

*

*

Alex jolted awake from another bad dream, they had been getting worse as the days went on. Every day she awoke wishing to have never woken at all.

She checked her clock and had seen it was ten minutes till she had to get up, knowing there was no point sleeping any longer she decided to get up.

She looked beside her and seen stiles snoring quietly, temped to wake him up but knew that he'd value the extra 10 minutes.

She quietly got up from her bed, grabbed her clothes from her closet and left for the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror she didn't recognize what was staring back at her, she looked tired.. exhausted even. Her eyes were hanging heavy, eye bags pigmented with colour. She just wished for sleep, wished to feel anything but this.

Letting out a sigh, she grabbed the small makeup bag that laid on the sink. Taking the concealer she swiped it under her eyes, not caring she dabbed it in with her finger.

Grabbing her hair into a bunch, she clipped it up, pulling out a few strands to frame her face. Looking in the mirror she looked more human.

Her head turned as she heard the sound of her alarm. It went on for about 30 seconds before stiles awoke with a groan.

Alex shook her head, smiling a little at her boyfriends morning moods.

She removed her pajama shirt and took the clean one from the radiator she had thrown it on when she came in.

Stiles walked into the bathroom, smiling as he saw Alex stood topless.

"morning" his voice raspy, sounding as if he hadn't drunk in days

Alex looked over her shoulder "morning, you sleep well" she asked before she pulled her top on

He nodded "it's nice to sleep and know your girlfriend and friends aren't on a hit list"

She chuckled "Good to know"

Stiles wrapped his arms around Alex's waist, spinning her around to face him "I love you"

"I love you too" she returned "what's this about?" She asked

"Can't I just say I love you"

"Of course" she nodded.

She took his arms from her waist "but you have to get ready, you have practice  and I won't be scolded by Scott McCall again"