Chapter Twenty Five

Jade sighed contentedly as she snuggled closer to the heat against her bare back. She could feel Brent's deep breathing as he continued to sleep, which only made her dread having to get out of bed even more. She opened her eyes and peered at the clock on the nightstand, seeing that it was just after eight in the morning. I have half an hour before my alarm goes off, she thought as she turned to face Brent, getting a grunt from him in response.

Brent quickly made himself comfortable again by pushing one leg between hers and wrapping his arm tightly around her waist. It was then that she knew he was partially awake, since he'd started to rub circles on the small of her back. 

She smirked and leaned forward to place lingering kisses on his shoulder, moving up to his neck, feeling as he moved to allow her more access to his skin.

"Trying to get me going again?" he asked roughly, his voice scratchy from sleep.

Jade felt herself blush, feeling her limbs ache in protest as she snuggled closer to him. "It's a thought," she murmured, memories of the night still fresh in her mind.

He chuckled and kissed her forehead, then her temple as he ran his hand from her back across her bare hip and thigh. "As much as I would love that idea, I think that cooking for today's holiday is higher up on the importance list."

"Rain check then?" Jade questioned playfully, daring to grasp a firm hold onto Brent's ass.

Brent leaned back and raised an eyebrow at her. "Woman... you are pushing your luck," he growled.

Jade smiled. "Am I?" She taunted as she ran her fingertips slowly up and down the skin of his backside.

He smirked before he grasped the back of her neck and pulled her to his lips. He kissed her fiercely, his tongue thoroughly exploring her mouth as she eagerly returned his vigor. 

When he pulled away, they were both gasping for air. Brent rested his head against her with his eyes closed, a smile on his face. God, I love this woman, he thought to himself.

Jade's alarm suddenly startled them both, making them jump. She rotated to grab her cell so she could turn it off, ending up laying on her back. "I need to start cooking..."

Brent grinned. "I have time to help you start things before I have to pick up my parents at the airport."

She nodded and looked over at him with a wide smile. "I cannot believe that I am going to be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for your parents."

He gently pulled her to his side and placed a kiss to her shoulder, then to her lips. "Believe it babe," he replied.

~~~~~~~~~

Jade huffed as she stood in front of the kitchen stove, stirring the stuffing that was cooking on the stovetop. Beads of sweat were starting to try their best to run into her eyes until she took a step back and wiped her face with the apron she wore. "I remember now, why I didn't like doing all of this work," she grumbled to herself. 

Brent had left almost an hour ago to retrieve his parents from the airport, leaving Jade to begin the large task of cooking the dinner that they would be eating later that evening. The turkey was safe and cooking within the oven, and the stuffing was just about finished on the stovetop. She had the sweet potato casserole ready to be cooked, sitting on the counter, which made her very happy that Brent had a double oven in his home, even if he never used it. 

It was when Jade was tearing apart poundcake to make a fruit trifle, that she heard the front door open. "Jade?" Brent called out, followed by a large amount of shuffling and footsteps.