Chapter Thirteen

"Ugh," Jade groaned as she stared at the screen of her laptop, watching as the tiny line kept blinking, waiting for her to type. "Why can't I think of anything to write?" She questioned aloud. "This chapter just does not want to be written apparently." 
She looked up at the sound of movement to see Brent pull off a shirt as he looked for a different one to wear for the show. A blush unwillingly came to her face as she quickly stopped herself from staring. I love being backstage but I really need to chill out, she thought.

"What's that, baby?" Brent turned to see Jade quickly losing eye contact with his body. 

"I'm having trouble writing this chapter," she replied with a sigh. "My mind is just not cooperating."

Brent crossed the small room and stood behind Jade. "Close your eyes..." He whispered into her ear. "They closed?" Brent asked, and Jade nodded with a small giggle. He hunched over her and typed on her laptop. 

Because your mind is all fucked up from earlier... ;) 

"You can open them." Brent mumbled against her skin as he kissed her temple. 

Jade opened her eyes and stared at her screen only to feel herself flush with color. "You are such a dork," she chortled as she turned to snag a kiss from him, "But you're not wrong," she whispered against his lips, feeling him smirk in response.

"What's with the secrecy?" Eric called out, causing both Jade and Brent to jump and look over at him.

"Nothing," Jade quickly replied, willing her skin tone to return to normal.

"Just some stupid meme." Brent replied. 

"Oh! I love memes! Which one is it?" Eric exclaimed as he started to cross the room towards the couple. 

Brent quickly minimized the window and shook his head. "No, it was stupid. You wouldn't like it..." Jade nodded for the lie Brent told, agreeing with him. 

Eric raised an eyebrow at them but shrugged and walked over to the couch to sit. "Alright... you guys have a good nap yesterday?" He asked, "I crashed as soon as I got to my room."

Jade shrugged. "We watched a few movies after we got some room service." 

"Slept like a baby," Brent added with a smile, bouncing on his tiptoes, behind Jade. "You sleep well?" 

"I did," Eric replied. "The breakfast from the hotel was pretty nice this morning too." He watched as Jade quickly avoided her eyes from him and looked back to her computer screen. "Did I miss something?" he asked as he looked between the two.

"Did you miss something? Nuh-uh, why would you ask that?" Brent questioned, chewing on his lip. 

Eric furrowed his brows together, "You seem nervous... you're hardly ever nervous."

"Pre-show nerves, it happens." Brent shrugged a shoulder. 

Jade looked between the two and took a long breath. How are we going to get out of this one? Would it be better to just tell him? she thought.

"We've played Vegas over a dozen times. Why are you nervous now?" Eric questioned.

"Different crowd. Different set list. The differences from all the other times are endless." Brent eyed the bassist. "Hey, did you sleep well last night?" he asked again.

Eric raised his eyebrows high. "Ye-es..." He dragged out his answer. "Thanks for asking?" He looked between Brent and Jade again. "Honestly, what is going on here? You're being a little shit," He pointed to Brent. "And I don't know Jade all that well, but she's acting weird too. Just spill it, guys. Did you fight?" He asked, concerned.