C H A P T E R F I V E

Chapter Five: Bloodstains
Neveah's pov

"One word is all it takes for me to feel it. To feel it take control of my body and my emotions. One word is all it takes for me to feel the satisfaction, the satisfaction of feeling their bones break underneath my bare hands. One word is all it takes for me to feel the urge to do more than that, one word was all it took for me to end up here. One word was all it took, for my freedom to be locked up like the chains around my body. Now tell me Dr Neveah Evelyn King, are you sure you wanna know someone like me?"

"Anyone who called me crazy had it coming for them."

His words run through my head as I'm driving towards the mall. It still amazes me how he knows my full name, I never told him that.

Dr Neveah Evelyn King.

He couldn't have read it on my clipboard, because my middle name is not there. To distract me from my thoughts, I call Bill to see what was going on and if my house had been burnt down or not. 

"Yello!" He says and then I hear him shout, "Xylon, you're gonna drop that buddy!"

I laugh and get out the car, stepping into the mall.

"I'm just checking on you guys."

"Oh, we're about to go swimming right now."

"That's nice, would you guys like some pizza?"

"That would be great. Thanks Nev."

"Tell Xylon I love him."

"I'll try to remember." He laughs and I laugh with him, we soon hang up and I order four large pizzas for them.

On the way to the food store, I saw a nice pair of shoes from Forever 21. I quickly enter the store and end up buying eight outfits. I then go to the food store, buying food that would last Xylon and I at least a month and a few more days. I finish shopping after an hour and a half later and take the shopping bags to the car and begin the drive home.

I'm already missing Xylon and his little hands on my cheeks, missing every time he tells me he loves me. I feel like crying every time he says that to me, it reminds me that I did a good job and I didn't fail him. I got home and didn't bother taking the things from the car, all I heard was music blasting out from a speaker.

The living room, the kitchen was a mess. Damn, I was gonna have to do a lot of cleaning here. I go to the back yard to see them doing flips into the pool, I smile and take pictures of them.

"Okay boys-" I try get their attention but I'm cut short by Xylon.

"Mommy!" I hear Xylon scream and run to me. I bend down to reach his height and he jumps into my arms, his hair wet, along with his body but I didn't mind.

"Hey baby, I missed you."

"I missed you mommy. What did you bring me?" He starts jumping up and down.

"I bought you your favorite candy."

"Red licorice?" He asks in excitement.

"Yes angel. But you'll only get it if Bill and Shane say you've been a good boy."

"I have been good mommy!" He sulks and crosses his arms on his chest. He was so cute when he did this, but I'd make him mad if I ever told him that.

"Are you sure baby?"

"Yes mommy." He hugs my neck and I tickle him.

"Okay ask Shane and Bill to take the things from the car." He runs to Shane and Bill and they both go out to help.