Chapter 36:

A/N: Hey guys, the next chapter is out! I know it's getting boring being in quarantine, so I've decided to write more for you guys. Hopefully, you'll enjoy this chapter. Coming out with more soon, so stay tuned!

- Harper E. Pierce

The next day, Lorelei drove up to the compound, which looked the same as it did when she left. She entered the hangar on the bottom floor of the compound, where the tests were being done for this time travel plan. She thought it was stupid and it wouldn't work, but it also didn't hurt to try. Or did it? She'd find out during these tests. She parked her car outside and walked into the hangar, seeing her old friends and coworkers working hard on doing the tests. A sense of sadness washed over her as she walked into the building. She remembered preparing for missions here, getting ready to go. Getting ready to go to Wakanda.

"Lorelei," Natasha raised a brow in surprise, "I didn't think you'd come,"

"I almost didn't. Told the boss I was going on a leave of absence," she told them.

"How's Prince been?" Bruce asked. She took a double-take at the new man, who was now a more civilized version of the Hulk.

"Woah, Hulk, what happened?"

"Oh me? I'm both the Hulk and Bruce now, I figured how to put the brains and brawn together, and did. I can wear shirts now, it's great!" He replied with a smile, looking like he forgot that she had left.

"I left him at home, for now, letting my neighbour take care of him while I'm gone," she answered his previous question.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the van... thing," Scott did so as Bruce told him.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby," Steve said as he walked into the room.

"Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose Tiny here in the 1950s," Bruce muttered.

"Excuse me?" Scott's eyes widened.

"Nat, I thought you said this was gonna work," Lorelei furrowed her brow in worry for Scott.

"He's kidding," she replied to both of them, then turning to Bruce, "You can't say things like that!"

"Just a... bad joke," he mumbled to ease the others, but Nat and Lorelei weren't fooled, so the redhead spoke up.

"You were kidding right?"

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke or none of it is," the tall green man began to fire up the machine.

"I thought you said there was a shot at bringing everyone back, Nat!" Lorelei whispered-shouted to her.

"If this works," Nat replied.

"We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour and then bring you back in ten seconds. Make sense?" Bruce gave the ok.

"Perfectly not confusing," he replied sarcastically, putting on his helmet and standing in front of the machine, ready to go.

"Good luck Scott. You got this," Steve's optimism caused him to grin.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." He disappeared after this into the quantum realm.

"Where'd he go?" Lorelei asked.

"We'll explain later, if this works," Bruce replied, "On the count of three. Three... two... one!" He pressed the button, and someone who looked much like a preteen version of Scott returned. Lorelei's eyes widened.