Chapter 15: Christmas Special II

A/N: Hey guys! The next chapter of the Christmas Special is out, that's all I have to say. Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

- Harper E. Pierce

About a week later, only a couple of people had been caught under the mistletoe. The girls were quite good at avoiding it, so Tony decided to up his game. He decided to put up more and more of them on the penthouse floor. There was now one in the elevator and bunch on stairwell landings. And some people didn't see the one in the elevator.

"What's up my dudes?" Tris walked into the room, being careful of the mistletoe that knew about. It wasn't going to be a big day that day, just a typical Saturday. It was about nine thirty that morning, and the girls were sitting around the couch with coffee mugs in their hands.

"Oh, nothing too bad. Tony's just been up most of night working on new stuff for our suits. I finally handed him the designs last night for us last night." Tori replied, sipping on her peppermint mocha.

"Oh, Tony's working on suits for you guys?" Peter asked.

"Yes, and I designed them, if you were listening at all to the conversation," Tori boasted bitterly. Peter rolled his eyes at her.

"Tori, it's Christmas. Can you please be nice to Peter for once?" Bruce asked her, sitting down on the couches with them.

"Yeah, you guys made out once months ago, it was just a misunderstanding. Can't you just get over it?" Sam shouted from the kitchen.

"I'm entitled to feel what I want towards Parker," she stated smugly.

"Yes, but it doesn't mean you can't be civil to him." Steve shot back at her.

"I am being civil!" Tori sat up a bit. Peter finally had enough.

"If you being civil is throwing insults at me every time I open my mouth to say anything, then I'd say you're just as well-mannered as an ape." Peter retorted calmly.

"Excuse me?" Tori looked at him with her mouth agape at his comment. She was Victoria-Katherine Whiteson III, no one dared speak to her that way.

"Oof, shit just got real." Thor snarked from the corner.

"Did you just say something pop-culture related in the correct tense?" Skylar giggled.

"I've been immersing myself in references from culture of pop that you speak of. Loki's been avoiding anything midguardian since he accidentally sent some rather hilarious photographs of himself to-"

"Thor, we do not speak of that." Loki cut him off swiftly. Tris laughed at Loki's brother's openness.

"You heard me," Peter redirected the conversation at Tori. She just sat there in complete shock. He began to walk away from her in huff, but she followed him swiftly.

"You're calling me as well mannered as an ape when you're-"

"When I was growing up, I was taught to respect everyone, no matter poor or rich, young or old, gay or straight, male or female. The only exception to that is when someone isn't showing me that same respect." Peter argued, but in sense that was calm yet menacing.

"Guys..." Skylar called.

"I've taken a lot from you, you've called me every name I can think of, and I've just let it slide, for god knows what reason."

"Guys..." She said again, a little louder than before.

"You expect respect from everyone in this room almost immediately. You're entitled to that, everyone is. But you don't deserve it when you treat people the way you do. So maybe you should try thinking about others rather than yourself for a change," Peter slowly walked closer to her, his glare getting more and more menacing as he got closer. Tori stood her ground confidently, but she still looked a bit shaken.