Chapter 9:

A/N: Hey guys! The next chapter is here, yay! The Civil War chapters are almost done, I promise the more good stuff between the characters will happen soon. Anyways, if you like this story, feel free to check out my profile for another marvel fanfiction and an original short story. Enjoy!

- Harper E. Pierce

"This is gonna end well," Natasha muttered to herself, also walking forward. Steve's side began to pick up the pace to a light jog, and Tony's followed suit.

"They're not stopping," Peter exclaimed.

"Neither are we," Tony replied. Now they were running at full speed towards each other, each person having someone to fight with. Lorelei and Sam began to fight, her using her newfound pyrokinesis.

"I don't want to hurt you, hottie." He smirked at her.

"Not a problem, birdbrain." They began to fight, it became hard for Sam to overpower her. His combat skills were slightly better than hers, but her powers were making it hard. She kicked him out from under his legs, but when she stomped her foot on the ground, the ground split into two. She was just as shocked as Sam was. To test a theory, she blew air at Sam, sending him back about ten feet from her. What was happening to her? Peter had Tori, but he hadn't really seen her face. She was quick and agile, and it was making matters harder for Peter that he couldn't see her.

"How can you disappear like that?!" He exclaimed.

"Ask HYDRA." She replied monotonously. He shot webs in the direction that he heard the voice in. Nothing. But a hard punch came to his gut. Her invisibility was gone, and Peter turned to look up at her. God, she was pretty, even with a bloody lip.

"Why would you want to be invisible?" He blurted out without thinking.

"You can't fight what you can't see," she smirked turning her invisibility on again and kicking him out from his legs. Peter looked around, guard up for punches and kicks. Skylar had Lexi, who was trying not to hurt anyone, but Lexi was quickly overpowering her. Skylar's combat skills were surprisingly equal to Lexi's, even with Lexi's two years in the military. Skylar began to up her game and began to overpower Lexi.

Wanda had Tris, who was an equal match for each other. Teleportation made it hard for Wanda to fight her. The girl had better combat skills, but Wanda could catch her with her telekinesis.

Quinn was on Vision, and Vision was easily a lot stronger than she was. And her mind control wasn't working on him either. She wondered why. Her powers could make even FRIDAY do whatever she wanted. So why wasn't it working on Vision? Quinn could hold him off easily, but there was no way she could beat him in a fight.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She panted.

"What do you mean, Miss Atkinson?" He queried as they fought

"My powers don't work on you,"

"That is your problem, not mine."

The fight began to break out everywhere. Everyone was either helping each other out or holding someone off. But someone needed to get to that quinjet. Steve and Bucky hid behind an airplane.

"We gotta go. That guy's probably in Siberia by now," Bucky warned.

"We gotta draw out the flyers. I'll take Vision, you get to the jet." Steve ordered.

"No, you get to the jet. Both of you," Sam said over the earpiece, "the rest of us aren't getting out of here."

"As much as I hate to admit it, to win this one, some of us might have to lose it," Clint added.