Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Jack

The stadium was about half full, but for some reason tonight felt different. I knew I was going out on the first line with the kid, but I had been on first lines before, but I couldn't wrap my thoughts around why tonight was different.

I liked the kid, but in my mind he was a kid, like a little brother, not a close friend, there was just too much of an age gap. I did like the way he played though, he made both of us look good, maybe that was it, and maybe I finally found some optimism. Hah, yeah right, I'd been down too long to know what that stuff was.

Coach was throwing Pavlosky on our line, sine the three of us did so well in practice and it was a pretty good fit. He was a bigger guy like me, and could help protect the kid, but he was the type of player that would never make it out of the minors. The guy just wasn't fast or skilled enough, look at me scout now, I laughed at myself.

I looked at the boxes up above and then it hit me, or she did, Maddie was up there watching. She was watching her brother, not me, but maybe she was. We were getting to know each other and I liked her more and more. It was hard to believe we have only known each other two days, and I was already this whipped.

I smiled to myself, me whipped, never thought I would ever think that. Of course she was the type of girl that could do it. She was damn near perfect and my body and my soul knew it. I just had to find a way to get her to know that about me.

National Anthem was done and we were ready for puck drop. The kid looked nervous, "hey kid, I'm scoring the first goal" I called over.

He smiled and he seemed to loosen up. "Catch me if you can, you can have my leftovers."

"Not bloody likely, I've seen you eat." He laughed and I laughed and he was at ease just as the puck dropped and he was able to get it back to our defender and we were going.

Maddie

Eric was playing good tonight, hell that whole line was playing well. Pavlosky missed a couple of passes that would have sprung Crabb, but he just didn't see it, Jack did. We needed a different line mate for him and my brother.

"Maddison, did you see that?" Mr. Green called over where we watched from the box.

"Yes sir, it's the third one tonight."

"Damn, I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. Lumm most know, so why is he on that line?"

"Sir my honest opinion, we don't have anyone that can keep up with those two. He's the best we got as a line mate goes. Judging from the score the other team can't keep up either." I said a little cocky.

I took a lot of crap the last few months about my brother not living up to his draft position, now it was pretty obvious that he had it in him, he just needed the line mates to make it work.

"Start looking for a winger. I want that line ready going forward. Yes, I know, you were right, now get to work." He said smiling.

Easy for him to say, he was the GM, I was just in the office, hell I wasn't even the main player rep, but I was Eric's sister and seen more games with him than anyone else. Who could we get that was good enough for their line but other teams were willing to give up?

Jack might know. He had been playing in the minors for the last few years, he might have an idea. Besides it would give us more reason to spend talking together. Not that I needed a reason, he was great, and I really liked him, and he was so hot I couldn't stand it. Yup, more reason to talk, was a good thing.