Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Jack

"Where the fuck have you been Maddison?" The coach screamed as we came onto the ice.

"I couldn't figure the skate out Coach, something was going on with the blade and none of the equipment guys were back there. I ended up having to grab another pair." Eric said shaking as I skated in behind him.

"Who the fuck are you?" He said exasperated.

"Jack Crabb, your new player." I said skating up to him.

"You're not supposed to start till tomorrow." He said throwing his hands in the air. "I haven't even looked over your chart yet."

"Coach, I like to get right in as soon as I can." Then I skated over to him and was close enough to be quiet so only he could hear me. "Trust me coach, the kid needs me out here."

He looked at me like he was going to explode. He must have saw something in my face and then his outburst died on his lips. "Let me guess, Ford and Sedin again?"

"I don't know their names but two guys just threatened the kid pretty bad and he's a little shook."

"What are you going to do?" He asked skeptical.

"Put me on his line, I mean that's why you got me anyway right. I'll look after him." I implored him.

"Why the fuck not, nothing else is working this year. Scrimmage," he yelled and everyone skated to the bench. I just followed the kid and where he went I went.

"Crabb, you join line two, blue squad. Riley, sit, and Lintoni go to third blue." Coach said with enough reason in his voice no one said anything. I grabbed a blue piney and waited next to the kid whose line I knew I was on.

It was a pick-up game and I was good at those. We were about a minute in when the puck was dumped and me and the kid and another guy jumped the wall and hit the ice.

Our defender shot the puck to the kid who caught it and was bringing it up and I could see the two guys from earlier barreling down on him. I knew I was good, I always had been, but today was not about me scoring, today was about saving the kid.

I broke to center ice and cut across the kid which you never do, I should have stayed on my wing, but I was out to prove something. He took the puck and darted to where I left and I dropped one of the two like he was nothing and the kid went by the other and dropped it to our line mate for a score.

The kid was being congratulated by our blue teammates but I didn't go over. I waited by where I dropped the mouthy guy from earlier. He got to his feet and shot me a look as his buddy skated over to him. The three of us stood looking at each other.

"You go after the kid again and I will personally make it my responsibility to hurt you bad enough you will never play again. Do I make myself clear?" I said with enough venom that they both looked shocked.

"You can't be with him all the time," Ford said with a smirk.

"That comment just earned you another trip on your ass. Until you both tell me you will leave the kid alone, I am making it my personal mission to take care of each of you."

"Maybe we will just come after you," his partner Sedin spoke up.

"You must have me confused with some rookie. I will break you two so bad, and I don't give a flying fuck, so do your damndest. But I will make it clear to you, until you let the kid be, I am going to ruin you."