Chapter Fourteen

Chapter fourteen

Maddie

I watched him pull up and I ran outside to meet him. I threw myself into his arms and he swung me around in a circle. God I missed him. We kissed and I was getting warm even though the temperature outside was not.

"Easy baby we got all day and if you keep kissing me like that we won't make it anywhere." He said when we finally broke our kiss.

And what was wrong with that? I was getting tired of not being able to be with him physically. But what came out of my mouth was "I like the way you call me baby."

"Good, Damn I missed you." He said and I could tell he meant it.

"I missed you too," I said laying my head against his strong chest.

"We better go before I drag you inside and not let go of you." He said and I giggled because that was exactly what I wanted him to do.

We got to the zoo and we walked around holding hands and just talking and watching animals and it felt so surreal. I mean I was on a date with my boyfriend. I wasn't some corporate GM and he wasn't some sports superstar, we were just two people who were excited to spend time together, and we were.

We concluded our trip around the zoo and I regretted what I was about to ask but I figured it was better to know. "What time do you have to leave?"

"Well that depends," he said seriously.

"On what," I asked?

"When do you want me to leave? Coach cancelled practice for tomorrow." He said smiling down at me.

Oh yeah, easy girl play it cool. "That was nice of him. I guess we have time to go to dinner then."

He was smiling a really big smile now. "Yeah, Eric is in Buffalo and Cussman is keeping an eye on him, so I don't need to be back tonight."

My heart was racing. Was he asking to spend the night with me? We were ready for that, well I was ready that was sure, was that what he was saying.

"So I guess that means we can even have more time after dinner," I said leaning into him.

"We have all night baby," he said into my hair.

I sighed with contentment. This was a wonderful day.

Jack

"We have all night baby," I said not wanting to rush her into anything. Then I heard her sigh and I was lost. All I wanted was to hold her in my arms and not let go. I knew it wasn't exactly realistic with both of our careers, but it didn't matter, that's what I wanted.

"Where would you like to eat," she asked and before I could tell her she said "let me rephrase that, which restaurant known for its meat would you like to eat at?"

"I actually packed a decent set of clothes." I said smiling already thinking this through. I was wondering if you would like to go to Delmonico's."

Delmonico's was a local favorite for high end dining and they were very good at getting a steak done the right way, if you know what I mean.

"Oh Jack we will never get in, their waiting list is weeks out." She said into my chest.

"Well to be honest, I made the reservations a couple of weeks ago when I looked at our schedule." I admitted. "But I didn't know Coach was going to give us Sunday off. I thought I would have to rush back after dinner."