13 : Soup & Scent.

The shrill sound of her alarm pierces through the serene silence of Ryujin's room, abruptly pulling her from the cocoon of her peaceful sleep. 

With a groan, she fumbles in the dim light, her hand slapping the mobile screen to silence the insistent beeping.

She lays in her bed with eyes closed, not wanting to get up, but then she jolts up remembering it's too late and she has missed her morning practice.

"Fuck!" She whines, frustration evident in her voice, as she hastily rushes to the bathroom. The cold splash of water from the shower helps shake off the remnants of drowsiness.

While brushing, events of last night float in her head, cheeks dusting slightly pink at the memory. Her omega howls inside but she rolls her eyes, shushes it and makes a mental note to apologize to Beomgyu for practically invading his personal space.

She throws on random tee and denims, getting bread from the fridge that she'll eat along the way. The clock ticks away, and she manages to slip into her uniform blazer just in time, all of which smell like chocolate because obviously, they live together, it is inevitable. The main door is within reach when a muffled groan comes from Beomgyu's room, causing her to pause.

He's still sleeping? Don't his classes start before mine? She thinks while stepping to his room's direction. Her hands stop at the knob, the rule to not enter each other's room without permission jabbing in the back of her mind. But with all diligence of heaven's might (she is just dramatic), the thought gets thrown away because waking him up is more important.

As she pushes the door ajar, a wave of something unexpected hits her senses – the unmistakable scent of burnt chocolate, completely different from the usual warm and sweet aroma that usually wafts off from Beomgyu's room. She scrunches her nose in discomfort of the pungent odour. 

"Oh god! Are you okay?" She gasps softly, her voice filled with genuine concern as she darts towards his side.

Kneeling alongside the bed, she studies him intently, her eyes widening at the sight that greets her. Beomgyu is half-asleep, his face flushed red, and beads of sweat dotting his forehead. 

She puts the back of her fingers on his cheeks. A sharp gasp escapes her lips as she detects an alarming heat which elicits a shriek from her, "You're burning!"

Beomgyu hisses at the cold contact and manages to open his eyes a little. The dim morning light filtering through the curtains shows the discomfort etched across his face so clearly that it has Ryujin restless.

The omega realises she can't leave him alone like this. Swiftly, she takes out her phone and types out a message in her group chat with her two friends: 'Won't come today, emergency.'

The send button is clicked, affirming her unavailability for the day. Her attention then returns to Beomgyu, concern painted onto her features.

"You have a fever." She tells him softly. He must have got it overnight as she remembers he hadn't dried his hair after coming back from the hospital. Beomgyu responds with a tired hum, his eyes closing once again in exhaustion.

Standing up, Ryujin makes her way to her room, changing back into comfortable sweatpants. She has to take care of a sick man, better make herself comfortable. Armed with a hand towel and a bowl of water from the kitchen, she returns to Beomgyu's room.

"Beomgyu, lay on your back," she calls out gently, placing the bowl on the nightstand and he groans.

"Don't skip your classes," he mutters weakly when he sees her changed clothes, his voice barely audible.

Ryujin rolls her eyes at the concern he still manages to express even in his compromised state. "Stop with that bullshit or I'll cut your dick off, Choi." Now that sounds like an actual threat and knowing Ryujin, he's sure she might do it for real.