24 : It Hurts.

[please listen to
Iktara - Male Version
with this chapter.
if there were a theme
song for this montage,
it'll be this. truly.]

+×+

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

There. Beomgyu said it.

The words elicit a weak gasp from her, reality dawning upon both of them like a lightning bolt in mere seconds.

They feel ice cold water being poured over them which slowly trickles down their bodies, making Ryujin's throat drier than what it was before.

His own wolf is shocked, too stunned to react because the truth they had been avoiding has just been unveiled. Her heartbeat echoes in her ears, a rapid staccato that matches the chaos unfolding in her heart itself. It's pure madness.

She's frozen in her place, almost breathless while he takes a step back, full of regret and shock. Then another. And another.

"B-Beomgyu-" her voice cracks as she extends her hand to hold him but he has stepped back enough to be out of her reach. Her wolf is crying in pain because the seemingly three feet distance between them feels three miles right now.

He shakes in head slowly, not even believing what a huge mistake he just did. And before Ryujin knows, he has left for his room, leaving her in the kitchen, his last toast untouched.

She stays rooted like a plant in soil, her headache so painful, yet nothing in front of the heartache.

No. This wasn't supposed to happen, Price Charming was supposed to kiss Cinderella after confessing, not leave her the fuck alone. She had always imagined their confession (if there was meant to be any) alongside Han River, during the sunset, hand in hand; not like this, in their kitchen, out of anger, and her being abandoned.

The omega exhales, soreness throughout her whole body because her wolf is genuinely hurt. Millions of years of evolution but some bonds between wolves and their humans are forever.

Because I love you. A single tear falls on her cheek, then the rest follow.

+×+

Does it even need to be said that Beomgyu has started to ignore Ryujin? Forget speaking, he doesn't even look in her direction anymore. She misses the warmth of his gaze, only now realising the amount of love and adoration his eyes have always held.

Two days since the confession. Two days since her world has turned completely upside down. Two days since their road took a U-turn.

Honestly, Ryujin is as clueless as she has always been. She knows she's not capable of thinking rationally anymore, only his four words echoing for forty-eight hours now.

Maybe this is why she's here — in front of his room, wolf yearning for his scent. She is wearing one of his shirts again, but the chocolate on it is not enough — she wants his scent to invade her senses and this pathetic excuse of cloth can't do that.

Her hand hovers in the air, hesitant, knowing so well that this knock in no way can bridge the emotional distance between them. Midway, the doubt tightens its grip even more, and her fist curls in on itself.

Sighing, she leans her forehead on the wood, hoping that he would magically open it and give her a reassuring hug, an embrace with the promise of everything being okay. But ofcourse that's not going to happen, we all know it.

Her eyes sting with unshed tears — but she doesn't want to cry, doesn't want to do that here. So she does the most reasonable thing.

She walks away.
Walks out of room 221.