Chapter 68

The next morning was the morning of Jakobi's funeral. Jamal, his mom and sister, Kim, Brandon and his wife, Jayla and Mikey, people from his school and the neighbor. Many people came to out for him.

Asia walk in the bathroom washing her hands. After the service. She looked in the mirror for a moment and straightened her clothes and hair up.

Jayla walks into the bathroom. "Hey", she said.

"Hey", Asia said.

"How are you?", Jayla asked.

"That's kind of a ..rhetorical question don't you think?", asia asked.

Jayla nods.

"I'm here for you", Jayla said. "For anything"

Asia nods. "I know", she said.

Jayla and Asia walk out the bathroom and Josh was out of the men's bathroom.

"Um Jayla I'll meet you later before I leave", Asia said.

"Okay", Jayla replied as she walked away once she got to a certain distance she looked back at them.

"Josh?", Asia said.

"Yea?", he replied.

"Are you mad at me?", she asked.

"Made at myself really", he said.

Asia looks down.

"But let me ask you something... do you still have those feelings for me?", he asked.

Asia was quiet.

"Do you?", he asked. "Asia that just wasn't a regular kiss you gave me. I know that kiss"

Asia looks at him. "Josh, I honestly don't know", she said.

Josh looks to the side.

"It's like... never mind", she said.

"What?", josh asked.

"Nothing", she said. "But I do want things back to normal. I don't want things to be awkward around us"

"If you tell him, it will be", he said.

Jamal walks up. "Hey, I been looking for you", Jamal said as he kissed her forehead and put his arm around her.

Josh looks at him.

Jamal looks at Josh. "I'm sorry did I interrupt something?", Jamal asked.

"No", Asia said. "Oh shoot my purse. I left it on the counter", she said as she walked back into the restroom.

Jamal studies Josh. "You know you always been a tough guy to read and now it's even tougher but I can read Asia easily and she gets all tensed when me and you are in the same room... why is that?", Jamal asked. "Then all these little private conversations"

"Maybe you should ask her", Josh said.

"Or maybe I should ask you this and I'm sorry to even do this here and now but did something happen between the two of you?", Jamal asked. "She said she wanted to tell me something, but why does she have to wait till we get bad to New York"

Asia walks out the the bathroom and they look at her.

Asia looks at the both of them. "What?", she asked.

"You got something you gotta say to me?", Jamal asked.

Asia looks at Josh.

Josh look at Jamal. "We kissed bruh, we ain't have sex, but we just kissed", josh said. "Don't be mad at her, I did it"

"Man I trusted you", Jamal said.

"I guess that was your mistake", Josh said.

Asia walked to Jamal and stepped in front of him. "Now it's the time for any of this. Both of you", she said.

"Yea Jamal, our son just died. You really wanna do this now?", he asked.

Jamal kept himself together with a frustrated sigh.

"Like I said I apologize, but that's all I gotta say about it", Josh said before he walked away.

Jamal looked at Asia. "I guess I can't be mad right? Me and Vanessa kissed", he said. "But...question is did you back"

"Jamal we were broken up at the time", Asia said.

"I don't care asia. I don't care. Did you kiss him back??", Jamal asked.

Asia slowly nods.

"But yet you're over him", Jamal said sarcastically.

"Jamal-", Asia said before she was cut off.

"Nah Asia. You wanna talk about me but you don't even know what you want", Jamal said.

"I do know what I want Jamal. I want you", Asia said.

"Yea a part of you wants me, but another part is still feeling for him", he said. "And until you figure that out we're done"

"Every part of me wants you", asia said.

Jamal shakes his head. "See you in New York", he said. "I'm sorry to do this here but you not about to have me looking stupid"

Asia shakes her head. She started to talk but her words didn't follow.

Jamal walks away.

Asia sighs.

Suddenly Nicole comes walking to Asia.

"Mommy?", she said in a scared tone.

Asia looked at her. "What honey?", she asked.

"My stomach..I keep getting these pains in my stomach. At first it was like occasionally but now it's like every 5 minutes", Nicole said.

"Oh, okay, so we need to get you to the hospital", asia said as she panicked a little.

"Is something wrong?", Nicole asked.

"No...you're about to have the baby", asia said.

Nicole started to get even more scared.

"It's okay. Deep breathings in and out slowly, stay calm and relaxed", Asia said. "Follow me"

Asia started walking to where everybody was.

"I just wanna thank everybody for coming again to celebrate the life of my only and unforgettable son Jakobi White. Unfortunately, his father and I cannot stay any longer because Nicole here has to go to hospital", Asia announced.

Josh eyes got wide as he walked to them.

The three of them walked out.

Jamal and Kim were on there way to the car.

"Go ahead and get in the car with your dad",Asia said.

Nicole and Josh walked to his car.

Asia walked to Jamal. "Jamal", she called.

"What?", he asked.

"Nicole is about to go into labor and I was wondering if you wanted to come", she said.

"Nah I'm good. Looks like the infamous ex married couple got it handle", he said.

Asia sighed. "Really Jamal?", she said.

"It's all cool. At least you told me", he said.

"Okay and it was a mistake", she said.

"Well learn from it. So while you do that, I'll be taking care of my daughter, working and making sure our daughter is in good health", he said.

Asia was quiet.

"Once again, see you in New York", he said as he got in the car.

Asia shook her head as she walked away.

TO BE CONTINUED...