Chapter 67

Later that day, Josh decided to cook lunch for Asia and Nicole.

Asia was on the phone with Jamal outside. He was checking up on Asia for the third time today.

"Jamal, I'm fine I promise", asia said. "I haven't even thought about drinking another sip of alcohol since last night. Especially with this headache"

"Of course", Jamal said.

"...but listen, I get that your worried about me but I'm okay. I've dealt with death so many times. Of course I'm sad but I guess I let all that saddest out last night. As much as I want to cry, I think I cried all I can cry", she said.

"...I know I been down today. Between Jakobi and you ..I don't know what to do", he said.

"Well for starters you can get to work before you get in trouble", she said.

"I will but um... you still at Josh's house", Jamal asked.

"Yes", Asia said.

"Asia imma be honest I don't know if I like that. It's kinda part of a reason I been calling you so much", he said.

"Jamal listen. Whatever me and Josh had is in the past", asia said. "You have nothing to worry about"

Jamal sigh. "Iight", he said. "I trust you"

"And not saying that I'm looking for somebody else, but we aren't together Jamal. We need to work on each other before we can have anything.", she said.

"Asia, everybody isn't flawless. People get mad iight", he said.

"But can you control it that's the question", Asia asked.

"What? You think imma be like josh and hit on you? I'm not. Asia I've been controlling my anger for years now. Yea imma have some outbursts. Of course imma yell at you sometimes if I'm mad, you do it", Jamal said.

Asia didn't say anything.

"But I would never ever hit you", he said.

"...im sorry Jamal. I just...I don't know it coulda reminded me of josh when he used to get mad at me. I'm not comparing you to him but I'm just saying", she said.

"I get it", he said. "But I'm not him...but I gotta go"

"Okay", she said.

"I'll see you tomorrow iight?", he said.

"Okay", she said. "Bye"

"Bye", he replied.

Asia hung up the phone and went in the house.

————————————————-

Later that night, Asia walked out the bathroom with her robe on because she just got out the shower. Josh walked out his room and stopped and looked at her.

Asia stopped and looked at him. "What?", she asked.

Josh shakes his head. "Nothing", he said looking her up and down.

Asia makes a face with a smile. "Weirdo", she said as she walked past him.

Josh chuckles. "See you use the same body wash", he said.

"Of course it's my favorite", she said.

"Yea I know", he said.

"I try to switch it up sometimes", she said.

Josh nods.

"Do you heading out?", she asked.

"Nah. I was going to go annoy Nicole", he said. "Can't annoy Kobi no more"