Chapter 54

The next morning Asia went downstairs as Nicole was going up. Asia stopped her.

"What? You wanna talk to me about my pregnancy now?", Nicole asked. "I get it, I'm too young. I shouldn't be having a baby, but... mom I don't wanna give it up. I'm sorry... I'll do everything I can around here, I'll even get a job?"

Asia was quiet.

"And I'm sorry about last night... I'll apologize to Jamal too", Nicole said. "I'm sorry that I'm making a decision you don't like...you always find a way out of things for us and I guess we start living with the consequences and this is my consequence... you told me to be careful. You told me not to date and I didn't listen. I let his words get to me and I'm pregnant", she said crying. "And he has yet to reply to me"

Asia hugs Nicole to comfort her.

"Im so sorry mom", she said crying.

Asia tears her as she holds her tight.

Nicole pulls away and they see Jamal at the top of the stairs.

"Umm... I was just about to head to work", he said as she walked downstairs. "I didn't hear anything"

Nicole got out his way .

Jamal stopped midway next to them. "Well at least things seem okay again", he said.

"I'm sorry about what I said last night, Jamal", Nicole said.

Jamal shakes his head. "It's okay", he said.

Nicole looked down.

Jamal walked down the stairs all the way.

Kim comes down the stairs. "Good morning", she said with a smile.

"Good morning", Asia and Nicole said.

"Come on princess. We're running late", Jamal said.

Kim goes down the stairs.

Jamal kneels down and Kim gets on his back. And they leave.

"See...I never had that", Nicole said.

Asia nods. "...like somebody once told me, it's not good to keep things bottled up.", Asia said.

"For him to just yell at me? I don't think so", Nicole said.

"Your dad isn't all scare... he has actually been a good person to sit down and talk to lately", asia said.

Nicole sighs.

"But until then... you start school tomorrow morning", Asia said.

"Okay", Nicole said.

"So, fishy stuff has been happening so you're coming with me to work", Asia said.

"Great", Nicole said sarcastically.

—————————————————-

Two months later, and things have been good. Nicole was going to get a job but asia said she didn't have to. Things around the house have been good as well too. Nicole is really likely her new school too.

"I think I get a kick", Asia said.

Jamal touches her stomach.

"Okay she stopped", Asia said.

Jamal sucks his teeth.

Nicole comes downstairs. "A house without Kobi.. isn't this amazing", Nicole said

Asia smiles. "Nicole.. I think your father is still waiting for a call from you", Asia said.

Nicole didn't say anything .