Chapter 99: To The Stars

"𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴. 𝘞𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴." - 𝘑𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘕𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯, 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴.
____________________________________

Right after previous events...

"Hey there, pretty eyes."

Aiden groggily sat up, clutching his head in dismay to the massive headache that he had awakened with. No, it was definitely not the beautiful woman that gazed at him with that mesmerized smile. Like she had been watching him sleep for some hours now.

"N-new nickname?" His eyes squinted uncomfortably due to the heavy sign of sleep.

"Do you like it?" She teased playfully, her fingers running through the black tendrils of his hair. "Hm, your hair's growing a little long." He gave her another one of his grins, and he repeated his wife's question with a mischievous gleam of his commendable eyes.

"Do you like it?"

"I like playing with it. It's grown more soft than I can remember."

"Then I'd like to keep it for my wife's amusement."

"Do you... Perhaps.. Want to go for a little walk by the town? Just... Just you and me?"

He stared at her, dazed at the sudden invitation. Elsa looked away as she bit her lip nervously, a tinge of red creeping up to her cheeks, "It's okay, if you don't want to. I just wanted for you to clear the air with.. What happened, earlier. But it's alri-"

She rambles too much sometimes, He smirked, but smiled anyways afterwards. He had cut her off with a kiss, one her rant melted into. He loves how she cares about him so much, and her efforts were always working on him.

She sat there, stunned with his sudden move. He gazed at her with a calm look. He breathed sharply and twirled a lock of her hair around his finger, focusing on her only.

"What am I going to do with you?"

Elsa shrugged and laughed, planting a kiss on his cheek, "What makes you say that?"

Aiden chuckled softly and played with his wedding ring, before standing up from the couch and walking over the door.

"I'll see you in the gates, pretty eyes."
____________________________________

It was nine o'clock in the evening, with Aiden simply wearing a pair of black pants that tucked in his white long sleeved shirt in front of the open castle gates. He tapped his foot anxiously.

It was Elsa who invited him into this, but he's just nervous he took full control of where they're going since he wanted to show her the place he's been wanting for her to see.

"Hey."

He removed his hands from his pockets as soon as she came into full view. Gods, she looked so... Beautiful, basked in the rays of the moon with that loose light blue nightgown of hers.

Guess it was love at first sight again.

"Hey." He greeted back, moving closer. His steps met hers once more before she bit her lip and spoke, "So, is there.. Any place you would like for us to go to?"

Her question lit his desire to go to that place. The place where his feet has been itching to go to.

So, he did what he had to do with that childish, curious smile of his, his black curls almost covering the sides of his forehead as he tilted his head.

He took her hand and interlocked it with his, before breaking out into a full run.

"Where are we going?!" She yelled between excited laughter and breathlessness.

"To the stars!" Aiden answered with a large grin.

The two of them had reached the open field that had that lone, aging tree that they loved to lay underneath in. This time, the grasses swayed to the music of Gale, who danced and twirled carelessly just above that very tree.

The excited smile wavered from Elsa's lips as crickets and other nightly insects played their evening tunes.

Aiden was still smiling. He was giggling like a fool, in fact.

"This... This is the field we love to go to, Aiden. How do you find this entertaining?"

Aiden stared at her for a moment and bursted out laughing. Elsa looked at him in confusion, eyes briefly staring at her feet even just for a few seconds nervously. Aiden noticed her uncomfortable position and cleared his throat and mentally smacked himself, before approaching her and wrapping his hands around hers.

"I told you to take you to the stars, didn't I, pretty eyes?" He lowly whispered, his fingers easing down her cold ones.

Elsa smiled slyly and nodded.

"Well... A promise is a promise."

He breathed deeply before pulling her hand one last time to lead her inside the open field. His sudden movements urged her to run around, which didn't sound so much of a bad idea for coming here.

It was all worth it right after seeing the gorgeous sight in front of the two of them.

Fireflies... Lighting up and floating in the fresh air, in an appropriate distance. It was like jumping into another realm, it was like bringing both of their imaginations alive.

Other people could have described the little, flickering circles of glowing hues as fairy lights but for Elsa, it was a universe of stars.

They danced around like they will never get to again. He held her hand as he twirled her, his smile reaching his eyes beautifully. His heart was soaring because of his gleaming green eyes that watched her prance around with cheeky grins and barked out laughter.

He chuckled as he watched her run around the field a little bit more, her heels making those so called stars rise up from their grassy habitats and come to full view.

She pulled him into another dance, her lips never shifting away from those precious sights he loved.

It all came to a halt once he finally managed to pull her to his arms, where she fitted so perfectly. Where she belonged, where she would be once she would draw out her last breath.

But of course, they have time.

Nothing was going to happen to her as long he was there.

It was the faint sounds of his heartbeat she listened to as she softly smiled, which he can feel forming on his chest.

"Aiden."

"Yes, love?"

"Thank you. For taking me to see them. The stars."

"You're welcome, pretty eyes."