Chapter 4

All that Percy saw was black. 'Oh no' he thought, 'I'm dead. I died.' Wait no, he was breathing. He moved to check his pulse and was glad to feel the gentle thump thump in his neck. He reached up to feel his face. Everything was intact. His eyes felt heavy, though, and he was really sore.

"Here Percy, drink this." he heard Chiron say somewhere to his left and then felt a straw pressed to his lips. He did as he was told and started to feel better, but he was very tired, very heavy. He would just let himself sleep, but he had a nagging feeling. Where was Nico? He sipped some more, willing his body to feel good enough to get up. He could finally open his eyes, but when he did he thought he'd nearly blinded himself again until his eyes adjusted, though they still hurt.

"Where's Nico?" he asked, looking at Chiron, who gave him a grave face.

"You really should rest, boy."

Percy started to get up and felt his stiff joints crack, "I have to know what happened!" He hobbled out of the medical cabin, starting to feel even better as his adrenaline started up. He stopped for a second when he got outside. Grover was standing in the middle of what looked like news footage about a flood... only it wasn't on TV. Sloshy steps were coming toward him as he looked around. The sky was overcast, so it didn't hurt his eyes so much.

"Seriously Percy?" Grover said when he got to him, "I'll be washing mud out of my fur for days."

"The Hades cabin is completely demolished. Luckily most of the flood went downhill behind it, but some of the cabins will need repair..." Chiron said behind him.

Percy barely even heard them. He barely even noticed his nudity. Where was Nico? The centaur wrapped a blanket around him, "We need to get you to the showers to warm up."

"Nico..."

"Percy," Chiron said in that quiet voice of calm authority, "It's important that you try to rest right now."

He ran out before Chiron could stop him, losing the blanket on his way. He dove into the mud pit that was formerly the Hades cabin, digging for any sign of Nico. He found the steps of the marble pit and scrambled down to find the bottom, hoping, but afraid to feel Nico's body. He pulled up a skull printed sneaker and frantically used it as a trowel in the mud. Three noses started sniffing at the shoe.

"Doris, find Nico." Percy said to the puppy, who sniffed at the mud more before disappearing.

He felt someone pull him backward, but he shrugged them off and kept digging, "I have to find him." He heard a large squishing noise and then felt two arms circle his shoulders, successfully stopping his progress. "Even if he's dead I have to get him out!" Percy sobbed frantically. He felt a kiss on his shoulder.

"Shut the fuck up, Percy."

Turning, green eyes met black. Nico smiled a half smile and then kissed Percy before pulling him into a hug. "You're such a drama queen." Nico whispered.

Percy hugged the small frame back, "Well, stop getting into dramatic situations."

"I think this one was mutual." Nico stated, picking Doris up and making one of her heads lick Percy's nose.

"You two are nauseating."

Both turned to see Grover standing above them and suddenly Percy remembered that he was naked in a pit of mud caused by his and Nico's sexual activities. He had the urge to just re-bury himself and not face any of it, but Grover grabbed his arm to help him up and Nico grabbed the other, not leaving him with much choice. They walked out of the mud pit and Nico grabbed the abandoned blanket, wrapping it around Percy. Chiron met them on their way to the showers.