Chapter 2

"Hey Percy, your boyfriend's back." Annabeth said with a tinge of jealousy in her humor. She had been the first person who Percy dared talk to about his feelings. She understood that boys are oblivious when girls like them, but it didn't make her feel any better to know that her chances had become even less. Grover hadn't been surprised; due to his empathy link with Percy he already knew.
Percy almost hadn't recognized Nico in his newsboy hat and simple sweater. He also mused that it was the first time he'd seen in his friend in daylight in a long time. His skin practically reflected the sun, but his black eyes seemed to suck the light right out of the sky. He was staring them down as he approached and Annabeth shifted nervously. His expression softened as he got closer.

"So, did he worry about me?" Nico asked Annabeth.

"Yeah he- er nope. No he didn't." Annabeth answered after Percy elbowed her in the ribs. "Where'd you go? He never told me."

"I went to ask my dad about a few things I've been noticing."

"Anything interesting?"

"I'm not sure yet. It's mostly just stuff about myself." Nico answered, looking at Percy in a way that made the older one blush.

"Well fine, I can tell when I'm not wanted." Annabeth huffed and left to the archery arena.

Percy looked at Nico for a moment. Both seemed unsure as to how to pick up where they had left off. Finally Percy cleared his throat, "You've been gone for a month. It's getting cold."

"I hadn't noticed." Nico tapped his thigh nervously with his hand.

"So am I privelaged to the information you gathered?"

"I'd like you to be, but I don't know. It's weird."

"Why?"

Nico sighed and grabbed Percy's hand, "Come on, I want to try something." He started to walk toward the cabins.

"Wait." Percy stopped him by the showers and pulled him inside the building. Nico simply watched in curiosity while Percy checked to make sure they were alone. Percy came back and stood in front of him before putting his hands on either side of Nico's head and leaning forward. He gently pecked Nico's lips, which twitched in a tiny smile. He then kissed his cheek and felt the boy relax. He kissed Nico's right eye and both lightly chuckled. Finally Percy kissed Nico's neck and the boy beneath him buckled, pushing against the stone wall to stay standing.

"That was cute." Percy whispered in Nico's left ear before kissing his cheek, then he moved to kiss away Nico's sheepish smile. Thin arms circled the older one's neck and Nico kissed him back gently as Percy had done to him. He looked up at Percy with unsure eyes.

"This is so weird." he said, then kissed Percy again, "But then what isn't in my life?"

In answer Percy attacked his friend's mouth, pushing his tongue in immediately. He had missed Nico more than he'd realized, and judging by the whimper from Nico as his tongue joined Percy's, he'd been missed as well. As they made out Nico's hands moved to Percy's shoulders, where his nails started to dig like a cat kneading a blanket. Out of curiosity Percy moved his mouth to kiss that same spot on Nico's neck. Sure enough, the nails dug deeper as Nico tried to keep himself upright.

"Bastard..." Nico muttered.

"Hmm, have I found your Achilles' heel? Nico's neck?" Percy whispered, his breath ghosting against the spot he'd just kissed, making Nico squirm and dig his nails even deeper. Percy imagined that it would have hurt if he didn't have a jacket and shirt between them. He was tempted to lick Nico's neck, but the poor boy was already shivering and ready to collapse.