Trent - Love at First Sight*

Ven is black and Trent is the brown

When I got home I didn't stop to greet my parents. Running up the stairs I slammed the door closed and jumped on the bed. Rolling around and squealing like a teeny-bopper, I screamed into my blankets in excitement.

I don't know why but I was so excited and exuberant right now.

I found my mate!

And he's so fucking cute!!!!

Cue the squeal!

I heard a knock on my door halfway through my squeal but I ignore in opt of finishing my tyrannical jubilee. The door opens and in walk my parents both with fear and worry on their faces.

"Are you okay?" Mom says with her eyebrows furrowed.

Crossing his arms, my dad gave me a grump look.

Heart still beating a rapid tattoo, I gripped my pillow and told them the amazing news.

"Found my mate!"

Their look slowly transformed into smiles and wide eyes.

Hugging me mom exclaimed, "I'm so happy for you! Where is this person that makes my son squeal with joy!"

Dad just pats me on the back, hard. You can tell he's a man of little words.

"I found him at the other high school from the next town over. He's cute, short, with tan skin, golden-brown eyes, and lacquered black hair." I sigh out romantically. "As soon as I saw him I knew that he was the one. I can't explain it, but he just captured me instantly. I know that finding your mate isn't this easy and that it normally takes time for both persons to accept it, but it just felt...right."

Smiling, mom hugged me again and dad smiled.

"Well when I found your father believe me, it was the same for me. I knew your aunt, my sister, took nearly a year to court and mate with her husband, but for me it was instantaneous. I didn't even stop to check if you father was single, I just swooped in and grabbed that green jacket of his and well -- you know what happened!" Mom blushes and smacks me and turns to dad as if I nagged her to tell me.

Dad just cuddles mom and wraps his arm around her in comfort.

My dad isn't a shifter, while mom is, but when he found out, he wasn't fazed but only nodded his head and a few weeks later proposed to mom on the mountain tops during their couple only camping trip, which they still do today. How do you think I got a brother?

Rolling my eyes I just look at them exasperated that they were cuddling on my bed... in my room... with me there in front row center.

Yuck.

"Oh! Before I forget," Mom tells me as she gets up, "I want you to feed Ven breakfast tomorrow before you go to school and pick him up after school."

"Argh, why do I have to? It's not like he's a baby anymore. Ven is fifteen, not five!"

She glares at me while dad tug's her out the door looking at me to behave. Fine.

"I'll do it but you have to pay for gas." I had to work for my gas and car privilege.

"Deal."

She walks out with dad in tow before she looks at me over her shoulder.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, you're going to be an older brother."

My eyebrows scrunch up because I was already an older brother, but she said 'you're going to be'....to be......What?!

I look at them with my eyes wide and my mouth agape.