Chapter 8

This was going to be the worst night of your life. Scratch that. Maybe not THE worst, but this would definitely be one for the record books. You and Allen had gone out to dinner at a local pub with his giant man-bear of a brother. Now this wasn’t an unusual thing and normally you liked hanging out with the big ol’ canadian oaf. This was not one of those times. 

Currently,  you crammed between a rock in a hard place. Almost literally. You probably would have prefered a rock to the hulking pile of lumberjack beside you, slowly but surely crushing you into the wall beside you as you sat in the booth of this small dive bar.

“Um, Matt?” you said meekly, interrupting the conversation currently going on between said canadian and your (ex?)boyfriend, fully intending to politely ask him to move over.

A set of violet eyes snapped to you, settling into a death glare. “What?” he snapped. If looks could kill, you’d be dead twice.

“Uh… nothing. Nevermind” you squeaked, terrified.

Matt’s glare somehow became more annoyed and he turned back to his brother, taking a sip of his beer. 

You sighed, defeated. Matt had been like this all night. Normally Matt was nothing but kind to you. At one point you suspected that he might have had a small crush on you, though he’d never acted upon it. But tonight he’d been nothing but a bully. A massive jerk, a terrifying one at that.

“...Anyways. I’m gonna go pee. I’ll be back. ” Allen asked, standing from his side of the booth with a small stretch and walking off, not waiting for a reply.

You paled, not wanting to be left alone with the very pissed mountain of a man. But before you could excuse yourself, Matt’s head snapped towards you with a look of disgust.

You froze like a deer in headlights. “Um… Matt?” you asked, more than a little freaked out. 

Matts hand suddenly shot out and grasped your forearm. “Alright, listen up bitch.” he hissed, purple, rage filled eyes staring you down over the brim of his black sunglasses. “Let’s get one thing straight. I don’t like you. We aren’t friends. Not anymore. Not after this shit.”

You were beyond terrified and confused and more or less forced to keep listening in silence. 

“You know I pitied you at first, I figured Allen would be a jackass and ruin things like the idiot he is. And he did, didn’t he?” he said with a bitter laugh before continuing. “I’ve seen my brother in casts and stitches, broken and beaten too many times to count, Hell I’ve been the reason behind it. But I have NEVER and I mean NEVER seen a man as broken as Allen the day you left.” 

You opened your mouth to try to defend yourself, but the words wouldn’t form. 

“And you know what, you had my full support. Allen got busted cheating. Relationship over. That’s how it works right? I was totally on your side! I told him not to bother you! time and time again I defended you! And what do you do? You fucking come back with a stupid bet, fully intending to get his hopes up just to tear him down to an all new low. Don’t try to deny it. Oliver and Francois told me everything. You know who has to clean up that carnage?! Help pick up the pieces?! You know who has to watch their own brother look like he’s fucking drowning on dry land?! NOT FUCKING YOU! And that’s all that matters, isn’t it? You don’t have to see it. So you don’t care what happens to him when you finally get the guts to leave him again. Well I do. That’s it. I fucking care about him.  And what you did- no, what you’re DOING to him right now is about the cruelest thing I can think of. You are stringing him along. Toying with him. Setting a challenge for him that we all know he’ll fail. For what? To say i told you so? I don’t fuCKING GET IT!” He snarled, dropping your arm and half leaping from the booth as if it contained the most repulsive thing on the planet: you.  

Matt stood there for a second trying to breathe and calm his temper before he did anything as the rest of the bar looked over to see what the sudden shouting was about. 

“... I need to kill something.” he said suddenly, taking out his wallet and tossing a few random bills onto the table. “Tell Allen I had to take care of something.” He said before storming out. 

And you were left alone with a stinging slightly bruised forearm, tears in your eyes, and no idea what to do next. Yes, this truly was a night for the record books.

Short update I know, but hey, at least I'm back! And don't worry, this chapter is mostly filler. So poor Matt wont have much say in the actual outcome of the story. This is more to help me get around my writer's block. Anyways. I may actually delete this chapter later if I decide it doesn't fit the story. Meh. We'll see. Also! I've opened up requests for oneshots! Yay! Please feel free to request something! I'm SOOO BORED.
<3 LaLa