Chapter Two

He let you eat in silence, sizing you up instead of chatting. His conclusion? You were beyond pissed. You were livid. Part of him was a little concerned that you might try and stab him with your fork, but the more rational side of him decided you would never do that. Hopefully.

It was actually you that started the conversation. "Stop staring at me. I'm trying to eat and your stupid face is making me nauseous."

Allen just snickered at your weak insult attempt. "You love this 'stupid face' baby. Besides, i thought i was 'sexy' or 'handsome' or 'Daddy as fuck'."

You gritted your teeth. "Try 'Loved'; as in the past tense, you useless cheating manwhore." You snarled back.

Ouch. That one actually stung a bit.

"(Y/N), Doll, I love yo-,"

"Don't you dare. Don't you dare start that shit." You cut him off before he had a chance start.

"Well what am i supposed to do?! Let my girl, the love of my life and my best friend, just walk out of my my life because of one stupid mistake?!" He raised his voice, growing irritated by your adamant refusal to let hin fix all of this.

"That "one stupid mistake" can be your girl now!" Your voice had raised to a shout in response.

"I DON'T WANT HER! I LOVE YOU DAMN IT!" Now he was yelling too.

"TOO FUCKING BAD! BECAUSE I'M DONE! DONE WITH THIS CONVERSATION! DONE WITH THIS RELATIONSHIP! DONE WITH YOU!"

That seemed to strike a cord with him. He was silent for a moment, and when he eventually spoke, his voice was quiet.

"(Y/N). Please. I- I need you. I love you more than anything in the world. I cant imagine life without you- no, I WON'T imagine life without you, because it will break me. I'll do anything for you and will prove it right now if it will get you to stay with me. You want her dead? Done. You a want a new couch- fuck it, a new house? No problem. A million dollar wedding and twenty kids? I'll do it. The world? The sun? The moon? The stars? I will make it happen. But i am begging you, baby please dont leave me."

As he was speaking, he'd crossed the room, gently taking your hands in his own and kneeling down in front of you. His eyes were somber, serious, and pleading. You'd only ever seen him like this once before. So genuine and thoughtful; pouring out his heart before you: the first time he told you he loved you.

"All i want is to know I'm the only one you love, the only one your life you feel this way for. I want to never feel like this again because it's awful in so many ways. You hurt me, betrayed me, and put me so many terrible thoughts in my head because part of me can't help but wonder why I wasn't enough? Was I ever enough? Will I ever be enough for somebody?.. And you lied to me Allen. I can't trust you or anything you say anymore. So how am I supposed to stay?" You finally ask. After he had been genuine with you, you only thought it fair that you do the same.

Allen paused, " I know I hurt you but you have always been enough for me and more. You're more than any man deserves, especially an idiot like me. I know you'll never forget this that the doubt will always be in the back of your mind; but if you can somehow trust me and give me a second chance I swear on everything and everyone I've ever held dear I will never do this or anything like it again. I will never hurt you again."

You were silent for a moment. "Prove it."

The smile Allen gave you was breathtaking. This was it, his lifeline. His one opportunity to fix things and for a second chance. "Done. Whatever it is, I'll do it."

"First. Be honest with me Allen. Why were you sleeping with her? How long had this been going on?" You began.

"I-... You were busy you're always working in pursuing your dreams and I guess I felt neglected. I missed you but I was too stubborn to say anything. But it was never your job to read my mind and know that I felt that way. Her name is Crystal, at least as far as I know. About a month and a half ago, I had one of my old work friends send me one of their prostitutes once or twice a week whenever I got horny or just craved some physical affection and attention rather than set my pride aside and talk to you. Crystal is just the one who showed up this time." He explained, knowing how awful it sounded, but he wasn't going to lie to you- not when he so desperately needed your trust.

Your expression darkened for a moment. "You did this because you decided i wasnt giving you enough affection? No excuses: Yes or no." You said sternly.

Allen took a deep breath, bracing himself for whatever was to come after his answer. "Yes."

You paused, thinking about this information for a moment. "Then to prove to me that this won't happen again you are going to go cold turkey. No sex, no kisses, no hugs, and no cuddles to or from me or any other woman for 6 straight months."

Allen's eyes went wide. No touching you for six whole months?!

"If you make it that long then we leave this behind us and I know it won't happen again. I'll be taking some time off of work to make sure you're being loyal despite your punishment. Tomorrow we are going couch shopping and you'd better choose something comfortable because you'll also be sleeping on it for the next 6 months."

Allen took another deep breath. The next half of his year would be hell.

"I'll do it."