Chapter Three

"I'll do it."

"But first, let me kiss you one more time."

At your protest and incoming denial of his request, he quickly went on to explain himself.

"I don't want her to have been the last person i kissed for the next six months." He reasoned. That, and he needed at least one more kiss to tide him over; hopefully for a long while.

You hesitated before giving in to his puppy dog eyes and leaning closer to him and allowing him to kiss you.

It ended far sooner than either of you would have liked. Yes, either of you; because the downside to your evil plan was that, until Allen broke and finally decided to go for another girl instead, you would also be without a lover's affection. The difference was that Allen was preparing for six months of (well deserved) hell. You were preparing for, at most, one month of waiting out Allen's patience.

You were 100% certain that Allen would breakdown and cheat or better yet decide that it wasnt worth the trouble and move on peacefully, allowing you to do the same. Allen had always been very touchy feely with you; almost needy about physical contact. Usually it was sexual but other times just affectionate. At times it could even become a bit smothering, although of course he always backed off when told. However, knowing how reliant he was on physical contact... You guessed he'd make it two, maybe three weeks. It'd be a miracle if he made it through the first month.

In the meantime, you would prepare and plan accordingly; maybe apartment hunt a bit, do some furniture shopping, and pack a bit more thoroughly. In your rush to leave the other day you had left a good amount of your stuff behind, not wanting to stick around your shared home any longer than absolutely necessary.

Speaking of which, after your kiss Allen stood up and grabbed your suitcase. "Here babe, start packing up. I'll go turn in your key and pay for your stay. Meet ya at the car in ten minutes!" He said, instinctively leaning down to to kiss you goodbye before catching himself. "Shit, this is gonna be harder than i thought..." he mumbled to himself as he left the room, leaving you to your thoughts.

He kinda amazed you right now. He was so confident in his ability to make you stay, as if failure wasnt an option. As if he REALLY thought he could make it that long. He was either desperate or delusional. Probably both in your opinion. You however had much more realistic expectations. You knew there was no way he'd make it. After all, once a cheat, always a cheat. He'd cheat again once he got desperate, and you'd be free to leave without any protest from him. Or your own broken, slightly hopeful, heart. You just had to watch him closely to make sure you caught him when he finally cracked. Or maybe he'd be open about it and just break up with you. That'd be easier. But less likely. Allen was far too stubborn for that.

You quickly finished packing and began carrying your bags down to the car when Allen walked over, meeting you halfway.

"Hey babe, you were takin' too long so i came to check on you. Let me get those for ya." He offered, taking the bags from you and walking with you down the hall.

Huh. You really hadnt taken long to pack up; certainly not the whole ten minutes, so he must really be desperate to earn some brownie points. That, or he was making sure you weren't going to make a run for it. It'd sure be less emotionally taxing than living with him until his resolve broke... but you knew he'd just find you again. Then it'd be back to square one. No. You'd just wait him out; just like he had waited you out of the motel room.

Upon making it to the car, he hurried ahead and opened the door for you, setting down the bags to hold it open and then shut it for you like a chauffeur. Yep. He was definitely desperate. Good. He deserved it after the heartache he'd put you through.

The drive home was silent, the only sound coming from the radio. A few times, you caught Allen staring at you out of the corner of his eye, as if he was checking to make sure you were still there.

Eventually he sighed and decided to speak. "So..." he started. God. He wasnt even sure what to say. "We need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. In addition to the rest of the shopping."

You frowned. "What? Why? I just went this sunday! We should have more then enough for this week."

Allen gave a slight cough. "Well, I *ahem* mighta kinda... stress ate... a lot... while you were gone."

You facepalmed. "Oh my God Allen. Why are you like this?"

"Quiet you."