Forest

Nico's POV:

It didn't take long for them to let me go. I told them what I knew, well, part of what I knew.
I said I was in the neighborhood when someone in black clothes and a mask attacked me, got spooked by a nearby dog, and ran off. Then shaken up and in shock, I stumbled into the forest to sleep it off.
   They wanted me to stay in town for further questioning.
   As if. I thought as I stepped into the shadows. But I hesitated shadow traveling. Where do I go? I definitely wasn't going back to camp, but where else was there? I stepped out of the shadows deciding to stay for a few days to think things over.
   I decided to take a walk around town so I could clear my head.
   Ok, I thought. Percy is missing. I'm unwanted at my only home. I can't leave this place. I almost died... again. And the creepypasta are, I looked up at the daunting forest. In there.
   I took a deep breath, ok, no big deal. I just have to avoid the forest.
   Sighing, I walked towards a park. A large field with the forest one one side and the town on the other. I sat down on a bench facing the forest.. "No big deal..." I muttered to myself.
   I looked at the sky, apparently the sun had risen while I was being questioned. And I had barely slept the entire night. I sighed, closing my eyes, I needed to find a place to sleep before I passed out.
   Looking through my pockets, I was disappointed to find no mortal money. I bit my lip in frustration. Guess there was no staying in a hotel.
   Settling for plan B, I lay down on the park bench and let myself be drawn towards the land of dreams.
   I was in the forest. Wandering around feeling very, very lost.
   "Oh Zeus where am I," I muttered.
   You're in my forest.
   I turned around, looking for the source of the voice. But there was no one in sight.
   "Who are you!" I yelled. Trying to sound confident, but hearing my own voice wavering.
   Don't you remember me young Nico?
   The blood drained from my face as everything around me grew cold.
   "Leave me alone!" I growled.
   Oh but look around. You already are alone.
   "Then why do I hear you,"
   Cause I know where you are. Even if  you don't know where I am.
   "You're in your mansion like always...?"  It was meant to be an accusation but it came out as more of a question.
   I heard a low chuckle. That's where you're wrong young demigod.
   I looked around once again, still not seeing him.
   I'm right in front of you and you don't even know it.
   My breathing grew more rapid as my eyes darted around, trying to understand what he meant.
   "What do you want."
   Nico. I just want you to come back home. Everyone misses you so much.
   My head was beginning to fill with static. All I could hear was white noise and the forest was growing fuzzy.
   "I'm not going back,"
   Oh but everyone comes back home eventually. It's where you belong.
   I covered my ears, but the sound wouldn't get any quieter. I fell to my knees yelling out in pain. It hurt so much.
   Just come back home.
   I didn't respond.
   Everyone would be so happy if you came back.
  "No!"
   Oh young Nico. He sighed. It's not that simple.
   I bolted upright with a gasp. My heart was pounding and I was covered in a cold sweat. Eventually I sighed.
   "It was just a dream." I muttered, knowing it was a foolish thing to say. Demigods didn't have just dreams.
   I thought about the dream. About what he said. What did he mean by right in front of me?
   Exactly what it sounds like.
   My heart just about stopped as I looked up. Nothing. There was nothing in front of me. Just the large field of grass. I squinted, trying to get a better look at the forest. Just trees. But he could blend in with the trees easily.... no. Just trees.
   I slowed my breathing. There was no way on earth I was going to stay in sight of the forest.
   I stood up and walked to the opposite side of town to be met with... the forest. I walked somewhere else, but stopped when I realized I was in near the neighborhood of the incident, which was next to... the forest. I ran to the middle of the small town in a panic.
   How do you stay away from the forest when it surrounds you.