Twenty Four - Little Things

Louis' arms pulled me closer as my alarm went off the next morning. At some point during the night, we had shifted to spooning,  our legs tangled and Louis' arms wrapped around me. "Too early, turn it off." He mumbled, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

Without opening my eyes I shut off my alarm on my phone and turned in Louis' arms to face him, cuddling even closer to my boyfriend. His bare chest felt so invitingly warm and I could feel his heart beating as he fell back asleep. I was quick to follow him to dreamland once again.

The next time I woke up, it was too loud knocking on the door. Louis groaned and reluctantly shifted to check the time on his phone as I rubbed my eyes a bit. "It's Niall and Katie, they want to know if we want to get breakfast with them." Louis yawned and rubbed his face as he read the text on his phone.

"What time is it?" I questioned, still exhausted.

"Almost ten in the morning, but we don't have to be at the arena until two." Louis sighed, scooting back under the covers and wrapping me up in his arms again.

I giggled and sat up. "Tell them we'll meet them downstairs in twenty minutes."

Louis and I met Katie and Niall in the lobby before getting into one of the SUVs. On our way to breakfast, Louis called Lottie and talked with his sister as well as his son. I chatted with Niall and Katie and played with my hair with my free hand, my right hand entrapped in Louis' left hand.

"So how was ya'll's night?" I teased Katie, a smirk playing on my lips. Katie narrowed her eyes at me while Niall's face turned scarlet.

"It was great, how was yours?" Katie fired back with a knowing glare.

"Amazing," Louis answered for me as he hung up the phone, sliding it into his pocket. He smiled at me and placed a kiss on my cheek. Niall laughed and Katie shut her mouth in embarrassment before he linked their hands together.

"Well as I'm sure you've both already figured out that we're seeing each other," Niall chuckled, squeezing Katie's hand in his. "But we spoke with management this morning and we're gonna go public with it today."

"So this is a double date, then?" A smile crept up on my face. I was so happy for my best friend and my new friend. They looked so happy together. Louis shook Niall's hand with his free hand, congratulating him.

"I guess so." Katie giggled, smiling up at Niall. I swear her eyes were turning into big cartoon hearts with every moment she looked at him.

When we got to the restaurant, a few reporters with cameras were already staking out the entrance. Security helped us get past them, Louis holding tightly to my hand and Niall holding on to Katie's until we were sat at a private booth near the back. Katie and I sat across from each other on the inside, with Niall scooting in next to her and Louis next to me.

Louis and Niall ordered tea while Katie and I asked for coffee. It was a perfect metaphor for the English and Irish men sitting beside the very American girls. I glanced toward the window, noticing that the reporters were still there snapping pictures. I wasn't sure which couple they were more interested in, but I decided to try and ignore them for now.

Our meal went by quickly, with Katie and Niall swooning over each other for most of it. I couldn't blame either of them though, I was still so starstruck with Louis.

Niall paid the bill and lead Katie out of the restaurant with an arm around her waist. Louis and I followed closely behind them, his hand cheekily stuck in the back pocket of my jeans and my arm wrapped around his waist.