Before He Cheats

Hey everyone! If you read my story "Backsliding" then you've already read this but if don't then this is brand new for you and it could be read alone or you can check out "Backsliding" to get more. This was the very first GMW thing I've ever written and still one of my favorites. 

I'm sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Enjoy!

"Who the hell is at the door at almost one in the morning?"

Maya groaned as she listened to her fiance curse the person at the door, cuddling further into his bare-chest before her eyes shot opened, "Oh my God! Riley!" she snapped, trying to get out of his grip. "Get off of me," she ordered, getting out of bed as fast as her body would let her.

"Gorgeous."

"Yeah?" she asked, aggravated he was even attempting to slowing her down to getting to her best friend.

"Clothes," he pointed out, stopping her in her tracks.

"Oh," she frowned, before slipping on one of his t-shirts and grabbing her robe as she muttered something about her damn pregnancy brain as he grinned watching her leave their bedroom before getting back as comfortable as he could without her in their bed.

Maya quickly navigated herself through their living room and to the front door, wrapping the robe around her body due to dreadful coldness of winter. Her heart dropped at the sight of her best friend once she opened the door. "Oh no."

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologize," Maya cut her off, motioning for her to come in from the freezing cold. One look at her best friend and she knew exactly why she was here in the middle of a freezing cold winter night. "It's true."

Riley nodded, trying to fight back more of her tears.

"Aww, honey," Maya tried to comforted, opening her arms for her distraught friend to walk in to. "That asshole! Who the hell-"

"Maya, Language," Riley sniffed.

Maya stopped herself from continuing to rant at the look on her best friend's face and knew Riley needed her to be supportive and not going off at what will hopefully be her ex-boyfriend. "Do you want to talk?" she asked as the two walked into the living room and taking a seat on the couch.

"No. Yes. I don't know," Riley struggled, looking straight ahead. "I just want to know why. Why would he do this to me? I gave him my heart-you know what," she began, before getting up and walking into the kitchen. Maya tried to get a look at what Riley was doing but it didn't take long for her to come back with a shot glass and a bottle of vodka.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Maya asked, looking at her best friend with worried eyes.

"A good idea? No. What I need? Yes," Riley answered, pouring her shot and quickly downing it before repeating the action two more times.

"Okay," Maya pressed her lips together, watching her best friend with wide eyes. "I think you should slow down," she suggested, knowing her best friend wasn't the best when it came to handling her alcohol.

"We were suppose to be happy," Riley ignored her best friend's words, pouring another shot. "I thought we were happy. Yes, we had problems but what couple doesn't?" she asked, staring at the shot she just poured.

Maya reached over taking her hand into her's giving it a small squeeze. The two remained quiet both loss in their thoughts. One wondering what she did wrong while the other wondered how she was going to help her best friend get through this heartbreak.