The little black box

Pov: reader
When Yabu and Okamoto said goodbye you could see the happiness and relief but also regret in their eyes. It has been 5 days since someone came to the house. If I think about it, Takaki Yuya, Nakajima Yuto, Inoo Kei and Yaotome Hikaru are still missing. Perhaps not much has happened in the past few days, but I'm slowly realizing how happy Yamada has become. I am glad that he always smiles when we look at each other. Still, I know he's not quite happy yet. Ghosts stay here because something is holding them back. That said, Yamada is still being held back by something. Maybe he wants to find out how he died. Offinzell is said to have died of an illness. Which seems plausible at first, but if you think about it more closely, the story becomes strange. Hey!Say!JUMP had had a concert 3 days before Yamada's death, at that time and before you couln't notice anything of an illness. Can an illness become fatal so quickly without showing any signs beforehand? Maybe he just wants to say goodbye to everyone or something else is still holding him back? Maybe his energy source can give me a clue. Yamada was nowhere to be seen. I went slowly to the closet and opened the door. The closet was extremely messy and crumpled. Everything in here could be the energy source. Maybe I'll find something unusual. I took a closer look at everything. Nothing. I found nothing remarkable. I saw a lot of games for different consoles, hats, a few things for gardening, decorations for different celebrations like Christmas and suddenly I saw it. I saw in the back, between Mario Kart and the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, a small black box. Only as big as one of those ring boxes with which you make a marriage proposal with. I was just about to reach for it when I suddenly felt a cold breath on the back of my neck and the door was slammed shut. "It's rude to search through other people's things, (y/n)-chan," Yamada whispered in my ear. I froze. I turned to him and was relieved to see him smirking. He wasn't angry. But seeing him smirking made my heart beat faster. What was that feeling. Yamada looks really good. If I had met him personally during his lifetime, I might even have fallen in love with him. But the hope for love has died for me anyway. No one wan someone who can see ghosts, right? Yamada and I stared at each other for a while. "Did someone ever tell you how beautiful you are?" he whispered. "No." Is he flirting? Is he flirting with me? I tried to steer the conversation in a different direction and therefore ask him what has been going through my head all the time. "Ryosuke." it feels unusual to call him by his first name. He looked at me questioningly. "What's in the box?" I ask. I had actually tried to make it sound soft, but the words that came out of my mouth sounded like a reproach. He grinned playfully. "My energy source, of course." He giggled. "What is your energy source?" I asked a bit annoyed. Yamada became serious. "I can't show you yet." What did he mean by yet? "When can you show mr?" I was really curious now. "To do this, you have to meet two conditions. Sweetie" Sweetie? Seriously? He's trying to flirt again. "What are the conditions?" He look serious. "You have to fall in love with me." I was silent for a while. How should I fall in love with him? We have only known each other for a few weeks. Besides, he's dead. I can't fall in love with a dead man ... or maybe I can? I looked at him again. "And what is the 2nd condition?" "You have to die .... But I don't want you to die, I want you to continue living happily. As long as I'm by your side, that's enough for me (y/n)." He looked at me honestly, but in his eyes you could also see something sad and an infinite longing. Yamada was longing for something he couldn't have. I have to help him get this thing. I want him to be happy. Why do I actually want him to be happy? Why do I want only the best for him? He is a ghost. When Yamada and I look at each other I always get a warm feeling, at the same time my heart beats faster and it is as if someone was choking me. I'm not sure what it is and that scares me. "I don't want you to die yet. But you can fall in love with me." He smiled. I blushed. "We'll see about that." I said ans try to act cool. "That wasn't a 'no' from you." He looked very happy about it. "Oh yeah (y/n). Please call me by my first name from now on. It sounds so nice when you say it." "Okay Ryosuke." It still felt strange to call him that but that was it worth for the joy in his face. I've never met a ghost like Yamada. "Hey (y/n). Since you've already found all my games. How about we play something?" he grined. "That sounds wonderful, Ryosuke." I grabbed a few games from the closet and took a last look at the box. I'll find out what's in there. "Are you coming?" Yamada's voice ripped me out of my thoughts. "Yes I'm coming!" And with that I closed the closet and ran to Yamada.