First State Visit

Start from the beginning

Debbie quickly realised that it's the senior blood Princess/Princes who deal with overseas important visitors. She watches as Mrs Donald stands next to her husband. Apart from state dinners her cousins and other family members had no dealings with the visit. She was beginning to see just what kind of life laid ahead of her. She knew she would be busy and she started to wonder if she can do her princess role and university at the same time.

The state dinner was on the last night of the Donald's visit. Debbie didn't have a say in who was invited as it was planned months before she knew she was a princess. Her father did request she shadowed him to see how to prepared for guest and what her duties on the day should be.  So in the future she knew what to do when it was her turn to host the dinners. Debbie figured she just had to turn up to the dinner she was wrong. There were seating charts to go over then checking the table after it was laid and making sure the kitchen was on the ball. In short she had to learn to co-ordinate with different managers in the palace. Her cousins were the ones who had it easy they had a few names of important guest to memorise.

That evening Debbie stood in front of her mirror and place a hand on her hair it was still in braids but styled in a chic up do. She was wearing a red Dior evening dress which was very nipped in at the waist. It showed a hint of cleavage she paired it with black pumps. She was slammed for wearing a dowdy outfit to the wreath laying ceremony. She chose a slim tiara encrusted with diamonds similar to what a bride would wear on her wedding day.

She didn't want anything heavy on her head it was her first state dinner after all. She didn't need to be dealing with a headache while trying to be polite to guest.

Debbie walk down the stairs to find her father waiting for her he smiles at her. "You look lovely sweetie"

"Thank you daddy".

She would be walking in with Mrs Donald while her father would be walking in with the Prime Minister. As the night progress and she listens to her father's speech it suddenly hits Debbie she will be expected to do that in the future.

The next day Debbie's father was going over the previous night with her. They decided together she would take some private lessons on public speaking.  She had been taking princess lessons since she arrived in the country. She did have nannies and she did go to finishing school. Without her realising it her father had use them to make sure she learned to be a proper lady.

The press and her father went with Debbie when she enrolled at university. After enrolling Debbie came home to find her certificate for her accounting course on her bed. It was next to the opened envelope it came in. She rings Natalie and ask her to come into her room.

"I found this open on my bed was it you that opened it?"

"No your ma'am it wasn't".

"That is all thank you Natalie you're dismissed".

She goes and sees David, "I found my certificate on my bed with the envelopes open did you open it?" David looks appalled.

"No, I know that some items are open for security reasons. I suspect this is one of those times ma'am".

Debbie walks into her bedroom to see Victoria sitting on her bed reading vogue magazine.

"Victoria why are you on my bed when there's a sitting room right there". Debbie points to the room adjoining her bedroom.

"I know I just wanted to surprise you".

"Not that I'm not happy to see you but why are you here alone in my bedroom?"

I wanted to see if you wanted to go shopping tomorrow".

"I'm afraid I have a three day tour of Spain from tomorrow. Thank you for the invite but the only thing I want to do for the rest of the day is prep work".

"You're only flying out tomorrow night your tour doesn't start properly till the following day".

"As I said I've prep work to do".

"You're cutting a few ribbons and probably opening a hospital or something".

Debbies ignores what she says, "I expected to see Natalie here packing was she here when you first came in?"

"Yes she was laying clothes out for your approval".

"I don't see any clothes on the bed".

"I dismissed her and told her to come back another time".

"In the future if you see a member of MY staff doing something in my apartment. I want you to assume I gave them an order".

"So I told her to leave it's no big deal".

"Do not give my staff orders that counters what I give them I'm sure she would have told you what she was doing".