I heard them first.  But I couldn’t exactly feel anything, my limbs were numb, and my eyes still wouldn’t open.  I decided to just rest and listen in on what they were saying, and who was talking.  It was Sesshomaru, I know it, that voice it is him, he is with me.  Taking care of me in his own way, waiting for me to wake up.  The other voice though, who is that?  Its familiar, oh right his dad, Inu-taishu.  They were speaking of me.

“She is one of them, you know what must be done.”  Inu-taishu seemed angry, or upset, maybe both.  Sesshomaru didn’t say anything, although I did feel something squeeze and hold my hand tighter.  Sesshomaru is holding my hand, I can feel his hand on mine.  That’s a good sign right.  Something in the air shifted, it was inu-taishu.  “You have yet to release her hand my son, and she smells of you?”  It was more of a question, he also seemed to have started to come to the conclusion.  I tried to speak but nothing worked, so I relaxed and continued to listen.  “Do you, my son, have someone to protect?”  He squeezed my hand and then let go.  NO.  Why would he let go?  Then I felt his hand on my face.  Then back to holding my hand.  “I Sesshomaru, have someone to protect.” His hold on my hand tightened, I tried to squeeze back but I still couldn’t move my hand, not even a finger.  Inu-taishu sighed “I suppose making an exception for this one, wouldn’t hurt.”  Instead of relaxing, I began to freak out, only a little.  I want to wake up.  I feel so weak though, how much blood did I lose, how long was I out? 

Sesshomaru.  Sesshomaru.  Seshomaru!  I thought, please, I want to wake up.  I was about to freak out more, when Sesshomaru said my name.  “Rin?”

I felt his hand still holding mine, “Rin, wake up.”  It was an order, I tried, but nothing worked.  I tried pulling energy from him, but even that didn’t work.  Why can’t I do anything to wake up?  Soon I felt energy flowing into me, and Sesshomaru holding my hand in between the two of his.  He was feeding me his energy, to help me.  He must have felt something and knew what I wanted, what I needed. 

“Sesshomaru?”  Inu-taishu asked, he sounded almost worried.

“Rin, Wake. UP!” 

And I did, my eyes fluttered opened, and I looked over to him, by the side of my bed.  I smiled up at him, and he smiled.  He smiled.  He smiled back at me.  I was focused on only Sesshomaru.  One of his hands came to cup my cheek and I leaned into his hand.  I tried to speak but nothing came out.  So I spoke to him in our own little way.  “Hi.”

“Hi.”

“How long have I been out?”

“Almost three days.”

His father came back with water, and handed it to Sesshomaru, who then helped me drink the water.  “Okay now I feel helpless, I don’t like this, I want out of this bed.  I moved to sit up, to feel pain shoot throughout my body, okay bad idea.  Sesshomaru pushed me slowly and gently back down on the bed, and gave me the look to stay.  I did and sighed.  I was finally able to speak.  “I don’t like this.”  He was about to speak when there was a little part demon child running in and moved to jump up on the bed, and onto me, but was caught mid-air.  Sesshomaru caught Kit in mid-air before she could land on me.  He was about to put her on the floor, when she started trying to get to me.  I reached my arms out some, “Its, okay, I’m okay.”  He placed her down next to me, in the bed. 

She snuggled into my side carefully, trying not to hurt me, key trying.  I winced and she noticed.  He bottom lip started and then so did the tears building in her eyes.  “Its okay sweetie.”

“Auntie Rin?”

I kissed her forehead, and put one arm around her, holding her to me, and began to sing to her, which calmed her down, and soon she was fast asleep.  I looked back to Sesshomaru, who never took his eyes off of me, and then to his Father, who was at the foot of the bed, keeping an eye on me.  Izayoi came in to check on me, and Inu-taishu tensed, I smiled at him, to show kindness, and that I wouldn’t hurt her.  She asked me how I was feeling and told me that Kagome and Inuyasha had to go to take care of some things in the village.  I was fine now, just tired, funny how I slept for three days, but it felt like I didn’t get any at all.  I looked to Sesshomaru who looked at me and then to Kit, and I swear there was something in his eyes, but I’m not sure if I am seeing things or not, he was something new to me, so I’m not sure what it was.  Izayoi took the sleeping kit out of my arms, and took her to the other room, I was actually back in my home.  Sesshomaru must have carried me.  Inu-taishu continued to stare at me, and I finally got tired of it.

“Stop staring at me already, it is rude.”  His eyes narrowed at me, “I won’t hurt them, besides if I wanted any of you dead, you would be dead already.”  I moved to sit up, and Sesshomaru stopped me, again.  I looked at him, and then he slowly helped me sit up.  I spoke to him in our little way again.  “I need a back rest.”  I gave him a look and he moved onto the bed, sat behind me, and I leaned back on him.  He kept his arms gently around me, careful not to hit the wound.  His father seemed to ease up some at that. 

“I apologize.”  I said to Inu-taishu, “that was rude and wrong to say, I just don’t like it when people stare at me okay.  Besides if you wanted me dead, something tells me you wouldn’t get very far, even if you tried.”  I could feel the rumble in Sesshomarus chest when he growled at his father.  I placed my hand over his.  “Calm down, Mr. cranky pants.”  He turned his attention to me, and sighed, calming himself.  His father continued to stare at us, and I was about to make another comment.

“You’re good for him.”  He motioned towards Sesshomaru, who looked back to his father.  I smiled and turned my head some to look at sesshomaru.  I kissed his check to get a low groan.  Hahahahahha.  His father noticed and grinned at us, and I laughed.   “If you’re a good boy, you get a treat.”

His father shook his head, and then turned and left the two of us in the room together.   

“Rin.”  It was a warning tone, lol I win.  I sighed and leaned my head back onto his shoulder, and turned my head towards his neck, I kissed his neck once, and closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of being in his arms.  Inu-taishu left I guess, I didn’t see him leave, but I no longer felt his presence in the room.  Sesshomaru brought my lips to meet his, and I felt sadness and joy behind this kiss.  He pulled away to whisper in my ear.  “Don’t you ever do something like that again.”  I just nodded my head and placed my hand to the back of his neck, as the other made patterns on his arm.  I brought his lips back to mine, and refused to release him.  Once we pulled away, I leaned into him more, and closed my eyes.  “I’m tired.”

“Rest.”  I did as he said, and fell asleep in his arms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please, don't forget to vote and or comment thank you.

My goal is to get 10 votes and 5 comments on this chapter.