"I'll make you proud."

Peter needed a day to himself. He had been home for about 3 days. His form of a day to himself wasn't a stroll in the park or shopping. An entire day of training by himself is what he would normally go for when necessary but right now he didn't need that kind of day to himself.

Peter needed a time out of the tower. Spider-Man and patrol is when he could normally do that but Spider-Man has been gone for the same time Peter was gone for.

As Peter 'woke up' also known as got ready for the day after getting no sleep the previous night, he realized he didn't have a good Spider-Man suit at that time. It had been torn up and ripped to shreds in the fight against Thanos. Peter sighed.

He really needed to get out of the compound but wasn't able to do it as Spider-Man. It was strange. Peter had only just came back and now he was leaving again. Of coarse his time he wouldn't be gone for a series of months, more like a couple of hours.

As Peter ate his breakfast and helped Maya get ready for the day the Avengers knew something was up no matter how well he hid it. Natasha was the first to speak up. "Peter, is something up?" She asks at the breakfast table.

"Oh, uh, no. I was just kinda planning on going a little.....stroll for a couple hours. Do you think you could watch and keep Maya safe while I'm gone?" He responds. "I mean yeah, I can, but why the sudden need for a walk?" Natasha asks. 

"No reason, I just need a moment to clear my head. But I need you to promise me you'll keep her safe for the few hours I'll be gone." Peter says. "I'll protect her with my life." Natasha reassures.

"Thank you. Make sure she eats her breakfast and call me if anything at all happens. I'll be back in a couple hours." Peter says, getting up and going toward the elevator. As he walked he bumped into a very sleepy Maya. "Where are you going?" She asks.

"I'll be back soon. Stay with Natasha and don't do anything I wouldn't do." Peter answers, still walking toward the elevator. "And definitely don't do anything I would do." He adds as the elevator doors close.

Maya rubs her eyes groggily as she sits at the breakfast table. "Well squirt, it's me and you until your brother gets back." Natasha says, throwing some pancakes onto Maya's plate.

Peter left the tower and walked. After a while of walking with no destination thoughts flooded his head. The whole reason he wanted to leave the tower was so he didn't have to worry about his family catching him crying.

He wanted for once in his life to be able to let out his emotions. He vowed to make this the only time he would let his emotions get the best of him. Checking to make sure there was absolutely no one watching him he shot a web at a nearby building.

He climbed up and sat on the roof, finally at peace. He made sure to stay out of sight from the roads. Seeing a random teenage boy on a building was different then seeing Spider-Man on a building.

Once he was up there he stared down at the busy streets of Queens. "I'm sorry Maya. I try so hard to be so strong for you. I don't take it back, I don't regret holding in tears for you. I'm sorry I haven't been strong enough." Peter whispered into the crisp air, knowing his sister couldn't here him.

He continued to watch the passing acts and the busy streets, true fresh air blowing on his face and through his hair, making it blow with The wind. After moments passed Peter checked for people one last time before climbing down the building and continuing down the busy streets.

He had finally reached his destination he didn't know he needed to go to.

The cemetery.

Peter searches the gravestones until he found the one he was looking for. He sat down in front of it. "I'm trying to make you proud. I know your proud." He ran his fingers over the headstone. "I can feel it."