After that, I chose to ignore the rest of their bickering; I just didn't want to listen to it anymore. That's when I looked over at Mando and caught him looking down at the metal crib, quietly thinking to himself.

My face flushed at the sight of him, my heart racing. I shook my head and moved my attention back onto the street ahead of us. At that exact moment, I couldn't help but wonder:

'Will this plan actually.. work?'

🔹️🔹️🔹️

We had finally reached the cantina after walking down the streets of the small town for a couple of minutes. Greef sighed, "Here we are."

We all entered the cantina; Greef pushing Mando and I forward with aggression. I stumbled forward a little as the others walked in and stood beside me.

Greef grabbed a hold of my arm before grasping onto Mando's. I looked ahead and saw four stormtroopers with dirty armor guarding the inside of the cantina.

I felt my heart begin to race at the sight of them but not in a good way.. something about these stormtroopers made me feel uneasy. I stared at them and felt a sharp burst of pain rush through my body as it slowly made its way to my head.

Greef whispered to us before dragging us forward, "You see? Four."

As we walked straight ahead, a familiar figure stood up at the sight of us.. the Client. He took a few steps forward while Greef continued to drag us along with him. He pointed at us with a confident expression.

"Look what I brought you. As promised."

The Client stared at Greef with a grim look. He then turned towards Mando, placing his attention on his armor. He gently grazed his hand over Mando's armor.

"What exquisite craftmanship. It is amazing how beautiful beskar can be when forged by its ancestral artisans." The Client said in a raspy voice. Almost immediately, he turned towards me and cupped my face with his hand. "And you. I do not know why that man, Leongar, even placed a bounty on your head."

'Leongar? Is that what 'HE' calls himself now..?'

The Client interrupted my thoughts, "You are nothing special--"

I snapped my face away from his hand and spat in his face, not wanting to hear anymore of his nasty words. The Client looked disgusted by my actions, gently wiping the spit off his face.

I didn't respond at all.. I just kept glaring. That's when, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Mando slowly curling his hands into fists.

The Client rolled his eyes, turning towards Greef, "Can I offer you a libation to celebrate the closing of our shared narrative?"

"I would be obliged." Greef replied, bowing his head a little. The RA-7 protocol droid nodded at his answer, preparing drinks to serve for him.

"Please sit." The Client said to us, gesturing towards the booth. Mando sat in the corner; I sat in between him and Greef while Cara stood beside the booth. The Client sat down across the table with a stern look on his face. He shifted his gaze onto Mando, "Well, it is a shame that your people suffered so."

Just then, I heard loud marching sounds entering the cantina. I took a slight glance behind and saw that the footsteps belonged to several more stormtroopers. They were marching in as protection for the Client.