Red box and surprises

This chapter takes place about a year after everything happened.

Lia's Pov
It was another day, like any other. I had woken up, got ready for work and helped Liam get ready for school if he wanted my help or needed it. But these past months had been a bit different. Ben and I went on a couple dates, yes, dates! And we were a couple. He kind of lived here, if you could say that. I couldn't be more happier. Liam adored him, Ben loved Liam. What else would I want?

Anyways, I was in the kitchen, making breakfast. I felt a sudden presence behind me when someone wrapped their arms around my waist from behind. A smile made its way onto my face.,,Good morning.",Ben said, placing his chin on my shoulder.,,Good morning.",I replied and giggled a little.,,How did you sleep?",he asked after he had kissed my cheek.,,Better than ever.",I answered, leaning against him.,,Mom!",I heard Liam calling from upstairs. I sighed a little, hearing Ben chuckling.,,Be right back.",I told him, pecking his lips and went upstairs. Ben, hopefully, took over with making breakfast.

Once I was upstairs, I saw Liam's door being wide open.,,What are you doing?",I inquired, leaning against the door frame, watching my son who was on the floor, drawing something.,,Drawing something for Ben.",he said. I smiled again and closed the door.,,You know that his birthday's soon, right? You could give it to him.",I suggested, kneeling down in front of him. He had drawn himself, Ben and I.,,Can I?",he asked. I nodded.,,But you have to finish it later, you've got to go to school and you haven't had breakfast yet.",I told him, standing up. I turned to the door, to walk ahead when Liam said:,,Mom, can I ask you something?",,Of course, my little bird. What is it?",I replied, looking down at him.,,Can I call Ben "dad"? He's, next to Uncle Stan, a father figure.",he inquired. My heart almost melted. That was so sweet of him.,,I... You see, you should ask him first. If he's okay with that, you can call him that.",I explained and Liam, practically jumped to his feet. I laughed a little and the two of us headed downstairs.

,,Good morning, buddy.",Ben greeted Liam, giving him a high five. I watched them, smiling. This felt so... Natural. As if it had always been like this. Liam sat down and so did Ben and I. Breakfast. Important. But before we could eat, Liam asked Ben what he had just asked me.,,Ben, can I call you "Dad"? Mom said to ask you.",he blurted out. I laughed a little when Ben had choked a little on his coffee, clearly not expecting that.,,Well, uh... if...",Ben stuttered. He did not know what to say and I just ate quietly.,,Mom, thinks it's okay.",Liam said. Ben looked at me.,,I... Uh... I mean if you're okay with it, of course.",I added, not thinking to be a part of this conversation. Ben smiled a little and looked at Liam.,,If you really want to call me "Dad", you can do that.",Ben answered Liam's question. Liam grinned from ear to hear and hugged Ben. We then ate and talked a bit. I had an idea which I would talk with Liam about some time later. A surprise for Ben.

,,Okay, boys. Liam's gotta go to school and we two, have work.",I said after a while.,,You want me to drop him off school? It's on my way to the meeting.",Ben asked, looking at me.,,Sure. Liam would love that.",I answered and looked at Liam. He was just grinning widely and headed upstairs to get his thinks.,,You're really okay with me being called...",Ben began. I finished his sentence:,,Dad? I don't mind.",putting my hands on his cheeks. Ben and I looked at each other like two teenagers who were madly in love.,,Liam really loves you. He wouldn't have asked me for permission if he didn't mean it. Don't worry.",I assured him. He leaned down and kissed me.

 He leaned down and kissed me