TEACHER

Humming some classical tune to himself as he skipped down the mildly crowded streets, Mitsukuni kept Sweets in a secured grasp

Humming some classical tune to himself as he skipped down the mildly crowded streets, Mitsukuni kept Sweets in a secured grasp. The melody wasn't anything fancy, but the first nursery rhymes his child had learned when he took up the violin.

The tune didn't seem unfit with the blond. His childish air, combined with the plush in his arms, and his casual clothes made him seem younger than he was. If not for his height, people would think of him as a primary school student.

Mitsukuni carelessly skipped down the road, his doe honey-brown eyes swept the shop windows, lingering on the sweet fronts a few more seconds than the other before he resumed his walk. He didn't have a clear goal or destination in mind, he was really just walking for a breath of air, away from his house, and neighborhood.

He wanted a change of scenery.

His feet led him to the more crowded part of the city, where the shopping district was, and he found a bench in front of a convenience store to sit on. He watched the passerby as they came and went, his gaze sometimes lingering on a few figures as he fell into a nostalgic mood.

His eyes trailed on the figures in mild interest. Sweets sat on his lap, facing the street with him, and his sling bag was set next to him on the bench. He had his phone, wallet, and keys in his bag, with a few candies in case he felt lethargic.

Mitsukuni felt better these days. First, he confirmed that Karma's class was alright, the exhibition match was sufficient proof for the teen, and Karma was street smart— he didn't worry much about his survival skills. Second, he didn't feel like someone followed or watched him anymore. The feeling subsided some time ago, and after a few weeks where nothing happened, Mitsukuni was almost sure that whoever was on his case wasn't anymore.

Not that he would let his guard down.

As someone who wasn't a stranger to kidnappings, ransoms, and the likes, Mitsukuni knew better than to leave an opening for potential perpetrators. The strawberry blond pulled a can of vanilla-flavored milk from his sling bag, he plucked the straw and brought it to his lips. His eyes never strayed from the street as he began to quietly sip on his drink.

He stopped. His doe eyes sharpened, turning almost predatory as his honey-brown hues darkened a few shades. His grip on Sweets got tighter, almost instinctively protective and he pulled the milk can away from his lips to set in atop his bag. He leaned forward, to have a better look at the somewhat familiar silhouette, and instead of a frown creeping up his face, his expression relaxed.