SWEETS

On his way back from the dojo, Mitsukuni, with his not so imposing height, of barely 160cm skipped through the streets

On his way back from the dojo, Mitsukuni, with his not so imposing height, of barely 160cm skipped through the streets. At least he was average now. Reiko under one arm and his duffle bag casually slung over his shoulder, he mindlessly hummed some random melody Tamaki used to play in the Host Club. His doe eyes slightly narrowed, blocking out the rays of the sun as a light smile painted his lips.

He was in a good mood. His practice had gone without a hitch, and his grandmother gave him money for cakes on his way back. His favorite pastry store was merely a few streets away, and he was old enough to go alone without his grandmother worrying too much.

There was a shortcut, just around the street that allowed him to get to the bakery quicker if he took the back alley. Mitsukuni was hungry and fearless. He confidently strode into the deserted street.

The thugs who habitually hoarded the street? They looked down the moment they spotted Mitsukuni's figure, the painful memory of their first encounter still vivid in their mind. Mitsukuni, on the contrary, childishly beamed and waved at them, greeting each of them by their name before he exited the alleyway by the other side.

His favorite shop was in a fringe location, and not a lot of people he knew frequented the shop. As a matter of fact, no one but him frequented the shop at Kunugigaoka. With ease, he pushed the door open, the tingling of the bell echoed, announcing his entry.

"Goodmorning, Aunty!" he beamed as he waltzed to the counter of the shop. The place mainly consisted of regular customers and waiters. His exuberant display didn't bother them, as they were used to it, they smiled.

The shop was discreet and rarely greeted new customers. Mitsukuni happily looked around the showcase, taking in every cake and ignoring the price under them. He was equipped and ready to go on a cake spree.

After much hesitation, he settled on a whole strawberry shortcake and hot cocoa. He would order more once done.

With practiced ease, he walked to his regular table, pulled a chair to settle Reiko, and sat his duffle bag on the ground. He took the chair opposing his black cat plushy and beamed at her. His legs gently dangled over the parqueted floor as he hummed to himself, waiting for his order.

His honey-brown eyes carelessly swept the shop. Since last year it had turned into a coffee shop, the pastry shop remained of course, but they didn't only sell cakes now. He came with his grandfather once and their coffee was really good. Maybe he should bring some back if he remembered.