a mess

"oh?" 

jin scrolls further on his phone, slinging the duffel bag on his back while wearing his jersey. "it's been a long time since i've played basketball." sandeul cheered as him, seokjin and ken walks to the private court rented by the whole '92 liner friends.

it was a brand new day, and he was thankful that he was doing so well with byulyi these days.

now, they were on their way for a bonding since it's their holidays. sunmi had asks everyone to spend a day with each other, and maybe have a delicious dinner and night out.

they were still intact in their own group, but it would not hurt so bad if they mingle with the rest. 

"where's heeyeon and byulyi?" ken checks on their group as seokjin nonchalantly replied. "byulyi's already there."

sharply turning, ken and sandeul rose their brows. "you two were up to date with each other, huh." sandeul suspiciously speaks, as seokjin tore his eyes away from the screen. "and heeyeon's on her way." he finishes his sentence, shutting the two up as he smugly tucks his other hand inside his pocket. 

"you two should stop that." seokjin tsk-ed, leaving the two in silence as he enters the court.

yet he didn't like what he had seen. 

it was byulyi, looking so tiny and adorable while playing with chanyeol and the rest. he was frozen and he felt... felt betrayed.

she keeps on laughing while chasing the rest as they playfully threw the ball towards her, as she dodged it poorly while chanyeol howls with laughter saying she did so well. 

if jealousy felt like a spark on the throat, seokjin could feel his whole esophagus burning. 

"oh, they are here!" hyunsik yells, his eye-smile showing as byulyi stops from her activity, eyeing the three. "oi!" she waves in a clueless manner, as seokjin stares at her- dumbfounded.

SEETHING.

if he could scream that, he definitely would.

the greetings between them remained firm, except for seokjin who was holding himself back when he had seen chanyeol, grasping on his hand so tight as he smiles for compliance. he needs to calm down. 

this is normal, this is no- it is not normal! 

he knows that chanyeol has an interest towards byulyi... his byulyi! wait, maybe not yet.. but- but- oh this is frustrating.

he tilted his head, erasing the thoughts before pursing his lips, pulling away from chanyeol. "oh, tension." sunmi trails-off, staring at the two with a giggle before she looks into byulyi who was busy entangling the bags of the three idiots on the corner.

"jin-ah!" byulyi calls for him, zipping up the bag as she murmured. "your phone is-" her attention diverted to him, feeling him sling his arm around her shoulders as her eyes went wide, looking back to the group who was giving them attention as she whispers. "what are you doing?" 

"can't i?" seokjin asks sarcastically, as byulyi scowls. "didn't we talk about this-"

"it's just a friendly hug!" seokjin retorted. "this is not friendly!" byulyi was about to tear his arm away as he boringly cocked his head towards his back. "that's not a friendly approach earlier with chanyeol too."

"ah, cham." byulyi pulls away, pulling off an absurd face. "don't tell me-" 

sandeul was still dumbfounded by the scene, unable to hear their conversation before he felt a tap on his shoulder. "hey, deulie." he blinks awkwardly, turning to chanyeol, only to lift his head up to see him face to face. "oh?"

"you didn't tell me that jinnie and byulie has been dating." he speaks, as sandeul's eyes went wide. "huh?" he looks at the couple squabbling, before he yelled. "that's not true!"

chanyeol knitted his brows in response. "really?" he then looks back. "they act like one, though."

sandeul then laughed, yanking his arm away playfully. "they're close friends, of course they'd act like that!" he pointed at the two, as chanyeol sees byulyi kicking jin on the leg. "oh..." chanyeol awkwardly speaks.

"jealous?" ken suddenly butts in the conversation with a grin, as chanyeol purses his lips. "isn't it obvious?" 

the two replied with a grin. "you're being jealous for nothing-"

"she rejected me."

"WHAT!?" ken and sandeul screams in unison, earning the attention of everyone including the squabbling duo on the corner. "when, how, what- WHY?" ken pulls into chanyeol's shoulder, as chanyeol shrugs before smiling genuinely. "maybe she likes someone else?"

"that's impossible!" sandeul naively discarded his idea before an idea popped into his head. "why don't you show your skills here, then?" he grins, pointing to ken. "let's split into two teams?" ken idiotically chuckled back, as they high-fived.

"ah, that's not it." chanyeol whines, about to speak. "i'm not even great at bas-"

"yah, jinnie!" sandeul yells, "let's get playing!" he called him over, leaving the two dumbfounded. "already?" jin yells back, as he turns to byulyi who was already pushing him inside the court. "ah, fine." he ran towards the guys, before byulyi sat on the bleachers, clicking her tongue while grabbing the strawberry yogurt that was in his bag. 

"we need your help." sandeul grips into jin's arm, pulling him inside the circle before the rest of them gathered. "what is it?" the rest of them asks. "we'll help yeolie." sandeul whispers, as jin nervously pulls away in a questionable manner. "about?"

chanyeol took notes of his features, before he turns to byulyi who was boringly sipping on her yogurt, holding his bag so casually- before to jin again. "catch byul's attention."

jin's fist crumples behind his back, unable to answer as the group of the boys roared in response. "now, now- we'll split into two groups!" ken was unable to look at their friend, leaving him silenced and frustrated of how he'll play.

chanyeol keeps on looking at him, knowing what he was thinking. 

with a small, yet smug smirk; chanyeol has found out.

seokjin likes byulyi too.

"let's decide on the team captain." chanyeol lifted his hand up, as they heard hyuna yell from afar. "ah, i wonder why chanyeol is too active today?" she suggestively asks, before her lips continuously points towards byulyi beside her as byulyi murmurs. "ah, you're teasing him a lot." she elbows hyuna, who was giggling.

and jin- he was still processing everything that was happening. 

"who plays basketball well except for him?" baekhyun asks, stepping forward. "i think jin is quite good, too." chanyeol immediately pointed, as byulyi's eyes went wide from the scene. "mwo?" she lets go of her yogurt, her cheeks burning red. 

"huh?" seokjin was about to frown out of surprise, as hyunsik grins. "alright!" he claps, calling for heeyeon who was just running inside the place with an apologetic smile. 

"heeyeon-ah!" sandeul yells, "since you're late, lead the scoring!" he claps. 

"all of a sudden?" heeyeon panted, sitting beside hyuna before greeting the rest. "who's teams shall i look for then?" she yelled at the guys inside the court.

"it's seokjin versus chanyeol's team!" 

jin sighs in defeat, turning towards byulyi who has her brows furrowed as well. scowling softly, he shook his head before biting his sleeves to pull upwards on his arms. 

i'll win this shit.