special

but now she wasn't.

it's been days after that precious touch that sparks byulyi's realization for her feelings for the young man. but it all faltered, he became silent, giving her no hint of his existence and it frustrated her.

he has been doing all of these things that allows her heart to melt into a puddle, then he'll be gone in a split second confusing her like this.

and she's beyond angry.

she's disappointed.

what should that mean?

she couldn't sleep properly after all of it. 

she keeps on hating him, or herself for allowing it to get into her head. all of those days passes by, and she keeps on realizing that it was all right. that she was frustrated about her liking for him, that she was hating the way he makes her feel those things when she was not sure of what they really are.

he keeps on giving her the initiative of how much he likes her,

yet now he was silent. 

byulyi keeps on tossing and turning towards the bed, remembering how she had gone into an argument with yongsun earlier because of their practice as well. 

taking a glance towards her phone, she whispers. "how come he keeps on messing up my mind, like this?" 

she gritted her teeth, shifting her position once again on the bed before she flinches when her phone rang. lazily grabbing it, she takes a look at the caller ID: 

jinnie.

she hisses softly, knowing he was at there again. giving her all the hints, then disappearing at some point. 

it was as if... he knew what he was doing to her.

but in reality, seokjin has the equal frustration. he was still afraid of trying to get to her, that he might ruin everything.

but he's ruining more by not confessing, and both of them knew that.

"what is it?" she quickly replied, faking her yawn before she heard him sigh.

"i'm down your apartment." 

byulyi frowns, throwing her blanket to the side as she whispers. "michesseo?" she almost yells, thanking that she's alone in her apartment with her corgis. "stop messing with me, it's midnight." byulyi harshly responded, but it was unintended. 

she's just disappointed with all the frustration now that she had found her direction.

"i'm not kidding." he replied seriously on the other line, as she sighs in defeat. "jin, if you're going to mess with me-" she peeks out of the curtain, eyes widening to see him out of her apartment.

and it's...

raining.

but of course he has an umbrella with him, he's not that idiotic to soak himself in the rain at all. 

but her heart leaped after all, grunting as she closes the curtains to fetch him downstairs. "i swear to god if that's something unimportant, jin." byulyi opens her door, rushing downstairs to open the gates for him. frowning as she unlocked the doors down, yelling. "come in!" 

seokjin bit his lower lip, entering the apartment building before she quickly closes it while placing his umbrella on the side. "what has even entered your mind at this time?" byulyi asks, helping him take his coat off as jin awkwardly speaks. "i've heard about your argument with yongsun..."

her frown melted, as she looks up at him. "who told you?"

"uh, wheein." 

byulyi shook her head, sighing as she walks away to reach her front door as he followed like a lost puppy. she then muttered, "you could've just called me to talk about it." 

"well, i..." seokjin couldn't speak properly, as they've reached the floor. "you know with the way you're acting, everyone thinks that we're dating." byulyi commented, crossing her arms as soon as she stops on her front door. 

she was finally facing him.

he couldn't speak at all.

"you keep on initiating all these sweet acts that makes everyone think we're together." byulyi explains, biting her lower lip. "then you became silent." her voice shrinks, before she regained her composure as she lifted it back up. "don't you think that they're getting the wrong idea?" she asks, looking back at him.

"wrong idea?" he asks, mouth parting as byulyi purses her lips. "this, between us." 

"what about it?"

"they keep thinking that you're my boyfriend." byulyi sighs heavily, but her cheeks were tainted with pink. "isn't it time for us to tell them that i'm not something special to you?" 

he frowns at the moment, as she whispers. "i mean... we're friends... like that." she shrugs, a little sarcastically as she turns back to her door, about to open it until he speaks. 

"they're not wrong." 

she freezes, hearing him speak as she turns to him. "huh?" 

"you're not just a friend..." seokjin whispers, gulping as he lowers his head, watching the small droplets of water drip from the hem of his shirt as he tried to gain his strength, lifting it back up to look at her. 

she could only frown and whisper. "you're..."

"this..." he explains, "is not how friends work." he bit his lower lip, adding. "you're more special than that." 

she gulps, her hand suddenly gripping tight into the handle as she stuttered. "y- you're.." 

sighing in defeat, seokjin allows himself to step closer on her body. 

this'll be all or nothing. 

both of his hands arises from his side, cupping her warm cheeks. she was no longer in her right mind to be in contrary of what he was doing, her breathing motion became shorter, unstable and ragged.

her grip over the handle loosens as she felt his breath fanning her lips. she gulps, hard- the way he gulped before he leans into her lips,

and kiss her.

she was not sure if it's a dream or not, but her whole body remained stoic with electricity as her lips felt warmth because of him joining their lips together. she couldn't response for a second, until she felt that her eyelids becoming heavy. 

pulling away to catch her breath, her eyes finally seals close as soon as she felt his lips once again pressing softly back to hers.