awkward

"movie night!" 

the whole '92 liner screams in delight, scattered all over jin's apartment place. byulyi was left surprised by their amount of energy, being the last to enter his place.

"YAH!" 

the whole apartment was filled with noises and complains from seokjin, as he lets go of the pan to accommodate the three nosy people in his living room. "goodness," he hisses, before he found byulyi tilting her head to the pan. "byulyi!" he yells, as she flinches, letting go of the cover as she innocently yelled. "mwo?"

"don't touch that, it's not yet done." he wiped his sweat, before he mumbled. "you four, please stay still-" he cuts himself off after hearing sandeul in his room, "woah, you have a lot of gifts!" 

sighing in defeat, seokjin shook his head. "it's a wrong decision to invite everyone all at once." 

"jin do you think that-"

"shut up, heeyeon!" 

~

it took them quite a few minutes before calming down- because he had to bring in some snacks into the living room. not being sure enough, seokjin sometimes questions the sanity of this group whenever they're together. they're always out of their minds, food was the only answer to shut them up.

except for the nosy woman peeking to his dish silently.

"byulie."

"i'm doing nothing!" she defended, lifting her hands up in defense as he snorted. "stay still."

"are you cooking pasta?"

"mm."

"really?"

he chuckled for the first time, shaking his head at her cuteness. "can you help me out drain the container for the lobster-"

"lobster!?" her eyes went wide in delight, lips curling wide into a smile as he bursts into laughter. "yes, now help me out." he whispers softly, tossing the pan as he watches her tip toe into the other side of the stove, opening the lid to see the lobster turning orange. "it really is a lobster!" she excitedly speaks, as he laughed.

"what's making you so excited?" 

byulyi's smile faltered- what makes her so excited? she always loved pairing lobsters with pasta, yet she barely sees anyone trying that out. seokjin had never failed her though, he always experiments with the dishes. but why is she so happy that it was him? 

pursing her lips, she whispers. "i just barely see anyone trying this combination, it tastes good."

grinning, he scraps a part of the lobster, removing the shell as he allowed her to take a bite. "good?" he questions, as her eyes speak for itself. "wah, this makes me happy." she whispers, her mouth full of the lobster meat. 

"or are you happy that it was me cooking for you?" he playfully winks while turning the stove off, expecting a slap on the arm or something from her, but she instead stands frozen- as he notices; her cheeks. he lifted up his eyes to see if the lighting of his kitchen would tint the skin pink.

but it doesn't.

his eyes went wide, is she blushing because of what he had said? 

about to speak once more, they were interrupted when sandeul slid in between them, wrapping his arms around the two as he whispers. "are you two already eating without us?" 

his eyelids drop in annoyance, before watching byulyi laugh in response, quickly peeling sandeul's hand away from her shoulder before mumbling. "i'll choose the movies, you go talk." she walks away from the scene, confusing seokjin. 

was she being wary? 

his eyes never left her. 

"yah," sandeul slaps his arm, catching his attention. "what's your business with byul?" he asks. "what do you mean?" he replied defensively, suddenly nervous that the group might've been hinting about his liking for the female that's now busy scrolling on his remote for a movie choice.

they couldn't. 

it will ruin the group. 

"you two have a deal going on, don't you?" sandeul grins idiotically, as he saw seokjin sigh in deep relief after holding his breath. "oh thank god." seokjin lets go of the pan to fetch himself some water. "what?" sandeul keeps on pestering him.

but seokjin decided to let it slide.

he's thankful for having a friend that's hardly catching up. 

until the very end. 

after a long time of squabbles and chaos inside the apartment, they've finally eaten the pasta and lobsters that seokjin had made- making him satisfied to see byulyi enjoying it the most considering how wheein always tells him that her unnie eats little.

but seeing her tonight, she even came back two times for the pasta. 

he felt proud and fulfilled no matter how tired he was. "i've chosen five movies." byulyi speaks, as everyone claps. "don't tell me you've gotten horror." seokjin murmurs, meeting her evil smile. "that's not quite scary than it was."

she lied so bad.

everyone was in a state of daze after the movie, including byulyi herself, the one who chose the movie. all of them remained quiet as soon as the credits rolls, none of them batting an eyelash towards each other. the whole movie made them jump out from the surprises, blaming each other and sometimes wanting to shut the movie off.

but none of that has shaken his heart. he was solely focused on their sudden touch towards each other during the movie, avoiding himself to flinch every time the female would bury her head on his back whenever a scene would come up, or grasping on his wrist as she shuts her eyes.

that- scares him more rather than the movie that he had to excuse himself to give himself a moment.

he will explode any time.

"ah jinja." he whispers to himself, lifting up his shirt to change after all the activities earlier- including the amount of energy they've shared for that darn horror movie. he couldn't believe that inviting his friends over for a night out would exhaust him a lot.

he wants to sleep already. 

about to unzip his pants, he forgotten that he had locked the door. 

and he only remembered that idea when it already opens. 

eyes widening, his eyes darted towards the person who just walks in on him-

byulyi.