The last one had four chairs.

"The first one seems dangerous with bones and everything." I said

"Yes." Tom agreed.

"There's two of us we can try the two rooms."

"I will go to the one with chairs."

"Ok and Tom."

"Yes."

"Please be careful."

He stopped for a moment. The entire night he had been brimming with joy and energy. As if he had found what he was looking for.
Cupping my cheeks.
"We are almost there darling. One day I'll rule this world."

"I know you will." I say as an almost melancholic smile embraces my lips.

But he does not notice.

He simply turns and leaves.

I sigh and carefully go towards the chamber.

It's very untouched but somehow the magic has kept the dust away. I go towards the chest. Its empty except for a note.

You asked whether you'll survive the flames
Today you will know.

I had warned you but if this is the fate you chose it's yours

~from once upon a chance

My mind rushes back to the day I had hurt my hand in the library.

I drop the note into the chest. Taking steps backwards and then the flames start.

At first they are outside in a circle but they keep growing inwards and upwards.

"Tom. Tom ... TOM. Please its burning ... I-I am BuRNing. .." I scream hoping he would come save me.

But the flames only burn brighter scorching my skin, there's no sign of him and then there is pain and darkness.

Tom's POV

I eye the chairs.

I'm sure each one is for one of the founders.

Scratched on the wall is another clue.

"Sit on the chair that will give you the crown"

That made no sense infact just confused me more.

It wouldn't be the blue ravenclaw chair that would just be foolish.

Would it be slytherin afterall after ravenclaw slytherin seemed the most deserving one.

It could be never be the lions chair. Gryffindor were never smart. They could use it for sure but they were the most reckless.

Hufflepuff was probably not it.

Except ....

Who else would give away the diadem.
No one except hufflepuff the most underestimated house. It was quite clever really.  And Ravenclaw was nothing but clever.

Tom sat on the chair for a moment nothing happened until in front of him the room started to rotate. Half way through he heard Elizabeth scream his name but by then he saw the diadem in a flame.

There was a potion to douse the flames.

But he could save only one.

Tom went towards the diadem but hesitated her screams echoed.

And maybe that one choice changed everything.

~~~~

Elizabeth's POV

I lay in the hospital, my whole body has been scarred, luckily I had escaped death.

Perhaps unluckily.

I look in the mirror white lines web all of my skin. In darkness they're not that monstrous. In daylight they show.

Whispers gather in every corner I step into.

I haven't met him once. After that day I finally figured I've been fooled to believe he gave me any more thought than the others. But no more.

My father. My real father. Gellert Grindelwald. The dark lord.
His letter had arrived asking me if I would want to live with him.

I've decided I need to escape from this place. There is no one for me here anyway.

My best friend would rather I be gone. The boy I loved betrayed me.

It's for the best.

Albert is all I have now. My brother. Yet even he is keeping his distance.

The healer enters my room.

"You're free to go home. Miss Skylark."

"Thank you for your care Healer."

"Ofcourse it's my job, there's a boy waiting for you outside."

And despite everything my ears perked up just to hear his name again.

I stood up from my bed, hurried steps towards  the door.

My heart fell again when I saw Albert. I managed a smile chiding myself. I rushed to hug him.

"Al. Why does this happen to us." I sobbed in his arms.

"Hush, my darling. It's going to be alright."

The healer left.

"Dad's going to come to take you tonight."

I wiped my tears and nodded.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked me.

"Yes. It's too painful." I answered.

He nodded solemnly.

The night came in all normalcy. People talked on the grounds. Children laughed. Friends enjoyed each others companionship. And it was a tradegy that no one came to stop me. Not a single person. And oh how I thought they had loved me.

The fire burnt bright. My father stood right in front of me. He gave me his hand ......... and so I took it.

An I hope all of you are safe  with the pandemic going on. Be careful. Please take care of your mental health as well.