Chapter 10

The fourth day, of the week before the tournament, was almost over and yesterday's events after the contest are remembered with a smile. Dawn introduced herself to the group and promised to camp with them the following weeks throughout the tournament, she has, over the years, become a successful top coordinator but still wants to get better.

And Gou still has yet to meet his partner. He truly wonders who this Raid was. Was he even strong? Did he even want to make a plan with him?

"Gou, are you alright? You were spacing out." Stella eyes him worriedly. "No, I'm fine. I was just wondering about my partner I still haven't met him and it's already been four days." He replies. Stella puts a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "It's going to be fine, even if he doesn't want to meet up with you, you should just give it your all once the time of the tournament comes." She smiles at him.

"Stella is right even if he doesn't want to work with you, all you have to do is win the battle." Ashura says.

"Ouch! Damn it! Stupid stick!" A voice yells from behind some bushes near the campsite. Ashura narrows his eyes into dangerous slits. "Who goes there?" He growls.

Olivia goes up to him and forces him to calm down, before he does anything reckless.

The group faces the bushes and sees a young man emerge from them. He has white hair and light red eyes. Around his eyes heavy eyeliner and two streaks going down on each eye. The man wears a white undershirt and a black leather jacket. His trousers are jagged and ripped around the knees.

"Sorry to startle you, I really mean no harm. I was only looking for someone named Gou? A group of trainers told me to go here." The man explains.

Ashura curtly nods, still suspicious about the new comer. "Oh, sorry I almost forgot, I'm Raid." He waves his hand as he walks over. Gou eyes him, Raid is a tall man in his early twenties at best.

"And here I was thinking you weren't going to come." Gou mutters, Raid just lets out a chuckle. "Sorry, I was busy. But how about a battle to make up for it?" He suggests with an easy going smile.

"Sure." The group walks over to the training ground. The two of them take their positions and look at one another.

"So, what do you think about this...Raid? Is he going to win?" Olivia nudges Ashura on the shoulder, he doesn't spare her a glance. "I think he is just like the rest of the trainers chosen by Goodshow."

"Ready?" The white haired man asks the boy. Gou nods determined to win this battle.

"Axe, let's go!" A Haxorus comes out of the pokeball and gets himself ready for battle. Yet it isn't the normal kind of Haxorus, more like some type of land shark, it's grey and has white tusks coming out of its mouth.

Gou looks confused, "What Pokemon is that? I've never seen one like that before."

Raid chuckles, "You know, Axe is a delta Pokemon from Torren."

Gou blinks, "Oh...I feel - er - honoured?" He grabs a poke ball and throws it, revealing a Cinderace. It spins in a circle before giving a few kicks, ready to battle Haxorus.

"I will leave you the first move." Raid calmly says, wanting to test Gou's reaction and course of actions, however they may turn out.

Gou nods and shouts, "Start off with quick attack!" Cinderace glows white and quickly starts charging at delta Haxorus in response, showing the noticeable rise in speed.

Raid inwardly smirks in satisfaction. Good choice. Gou knew that Haxorus's are usually slower than a Cinderace, so, he attempted to attack with a speedy move to outspeed the slower Pokémon even further. With Cinderace's enhanced speed, he will be in an advantageous position...