chapter 5

Deep inside the sea of noise, a small island of silence existed. Ashura's mind was frozen, incapable of comprehending anything besides the one fact that he was partnered with one of his old friends, and that he would constantly see them over the next two weeks.

Why did fate toy with him so much? First, ruin his life after years of service, then mess with it again after he had rebuilt a better one? Ashura could not understand why Arceus deemed all of this necessary? What was his angle?

Small, petite hands patted Ashura's back, instantly calming him back into a semi-normal state. He turned his head and smiled at his little sister, thankful for her actions in calming him down. Ashura turned back to face Gou and Stella, both who were extremely concerned over his actions.

"Well we better get going to our partners." Ashura told his two concerned friends.

Stella waved her hand at him and said, "Don't worry about it. Your training in Galar clearly paid off, you can show the world what you are capable of. Your past made you stronger."

Gou nodded. "Stella is right, don't let yourself get so down."

Ashura smiled, grateful at their encouragement. "Thanks, I really appreciate this. Now, I have to prepare for this encounter. You guys can come, since Stella's partner will be there as well."

The two nodded in acceptance, and followed Ashura out into the forest. When they were alone, Ashura turned to them and said, "Alright, Livi and I need to discuss something. I'll leave Mimi with you so that I can find you when we need to go," Ashura raised his hand to let his partner out.

Stella and Gou watched as the Mimikyu came out of the crystal in Ashura's left glove. The Mimikyu then abruptly walked over to Ashura and whacked him on the head.

"ASHURA KAZUKI, HOW DARE YOU KEEP ME IN THAT CRYSTAL FOR THAT LONG! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE STAYING COOPED UP INSIDE SOMETHING, EVEN IF THE CRYSTAL IS BETTER THAN A DAMN POKE BALL! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!" The Mimkyu then let out a deep breath and turned to Olivia, who was trying to contain her laughter at her brother's expense. "It's very nice to be able to talk to you again."

Stella and Gou burst out laughing as Ashura got to his feet, grumbling under his breath. He glared at Mimikyu for several seconds, then turned and walked away, Olivia amusedly skipping besides him.

"You haven't changed one bit, have you, Mimi?" Gou asked the Mimikyu after getting his laughter under control.

"I hate being contained inside something, have been ever since we met. I did not enjoy being trapped in that crystal for hours on end when I could just walk around invisible. At least the crystal is better than a poke ball, but nope I haven't changed."

Stella looked down at Mimi and asked, "How long has it been that you two have been together anyway?"

Mimi shrugged, "Almost four years."

She smiled at Mimi, "I remember that you wouldn't leave his side when he arrived. You always stayed by his side no matter what."

The pokemon laughed at her statement, "Yeah."

"You were always so clingy, but that's exactly what makes you such a lovable Pokémon." Gou stated.